New Betta Chester

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Invertebrates' started by britsimpson15, Jul 31, 2017.

1. britsimpson15

britsimpson15 New Member Member

I now have my 40gal tank all set up, cycled, planned and got my first fishy inhabitant! This is Chester (Chet), my Halfmoon Double Tail pretty boy. Never seen this much bright color on a Betta before. He was lethargic when I first got him home in his nasty little pet store cup, but now that he has fresh water and tons of room he barely stops swimming around.

Attached Files:

2. queeqyo

queeqyo New Member Member

He's gorgeous!

3. BottomDweller

BottomDweller Fishlore VIP Member

Nice! What else is going in the tank?

(PS I know a jack russel called Chester :) )

4. kam.exe

kam.exe Valued Member Member

Woah, cool! Wish I could spoil my betta with a 40 :D

5. OP
    OP
    britsimpson15

Thanks :). I want to get some type of small algae eater, I haven't decided on what type yet, and a Dalmatian lyretail molly, and a Cichlid (the bleach and light blue striped one, don't know what it's called). Other than that Idk yet. :)

6. OP
    OP
    britsimpson15

Thanks! I see you have a blue lobster, that's awesome! I was wondering though, do you have to keep him/her away from fish or does he/she leave them alone?

7. queeqyo

queeqyo New Member Member

He has free rein in his planted 55g tank that he shares with mostly much larger and faster fish. He's caught a few guppies and corydoras in the past though, so those got moved to a different tank :) He's more of a danger to my plants, haha!

8. OP
    OP
    britsimpson15

Ah, well at least he is pretty :)

9. OP
    OP
    britsimpson15

Made a background for my Chet.

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice