New betta boy

bassbonediva

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Hi! I know I haven't been on in a while. Had school stuff going on and some major stress because of it, so yeah.

Anyway, one of my VT boys, James, died the other day for reasons unknown (all the other boys in the tank are fine, unless you count Edward and Gordon switching apartments without authorization AGAIN and Edward beat up Gordon pretty badly. They're well separated now). So, I was in Petco today and happened to stop by the bettas and saw this beautiful boy. I usually don't go in for the double tails, but I'm pretty sure this guy isn't a double tail. His tail isn't split at all and his dorsal fin is HUGE, so I'm thinking he's a super delta. I don't have any pics yet since I'm not home yet, but I'll get them up as soon as possible. I *think* he's a turquoise dragon, maybe...?? He has red shot through his fins, too. He actually looks a lot like this guy from AquaBid, except with less red and obviously longer fins:

Anyway, he's getting the Eclipse 5gal and I'm pretty sure he's going to be named Edward and the current Edward will be renamed James.

Last edited:

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello BassBoneDiva,

Congrats on the new Betta. Sorry to hear about your loss. I'll be looking forward to the photos!

Ken

Tigerfishy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Congrats on the new boy. That's some crazy re-naming you got going on there lol!!

Just you tell the current Edward and Gordon to behave or they'll be in time out, seems to work for my naughty boys!!

bassbonediva

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
They got a hard-core talking-to after I found them, believe me. Poor Gordon has barely any tail left and what color he had coming back in is all washed out again. He's getting garlic-soaked food and Stress Coat to help him heal.

bassbonediva

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Okay, got some pics this morning. They aren't great, by any means. He's in the 4-way divided 10gal right now because I haven't gotten the new bio-wheel for the Eclipse 5gal yet (will be getting it tomorrow when I get paid, along with the background), so it isn't set up yet. He's in the apartment with the filter and he DOES NOT like the current, so he tends to hide. I inadvertantly lied to you. His fins are more red than green like I thought.

74.jpg

75.jpg

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Congrats on your new boy, but I thought you had to down size?
He's a cutie!
I hope Gordon heals quickly. Maybe separate tanks would work better rather than a dividing one.

bassbonediva

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I ended up not having to downsize because of a grant program I found at the school (YAY!). I'll be able to retake the class I need and it won't cost my parents a penny. In fact, none of the rest of my schooling will cost them anything because of this grant program. Plus, I started giving piano lessons to some kids I know (one in my church and two others who take riding lessons from the lady I work for), so I have my own spending money now. AND, my boss is paying me gas money, plus one of the ladies at the barn is paying me to work her horse and clean her stall when she can't make it out to the barn.

Anywho, now that Gordon and the old Edward (now James) aren't next to each other any more (when I got the new Edward, I did a bit of rearranging), everything is copasetic. James completely ignores Jasper, his new neighbor, and since Gordon is on the other side of Jasper, James is cool. I'm also going to make a mesh top of their divided tank, just in case, at least until I can divide their tank the way I want to.

bassbonediva

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Wow! He looks beautiful! But I can't see his colors very clearly...
I'll be getting his new tank set up tomorrow evening, so I'll post better pics one I get him in it (which should be pretty quickly since I'll be using media from my canister filter for the media in his tank). Right now he's not happy with me because of the current from the filter where he's at.

bassbonediva

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Two reasons...
1-I'm a dork.
2-Since the new boy is getting the Meadow tank, him being named Edward makes more sense.

bettalover77

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
can u get more pics I can kind of see his beauty in the pics but they are not real good srry

1 gallon tank- Sun Fire(boy)
3 gallon tank- Berry(boy)
1/2 a gallon(for right now)-Calli(boy/girl?)
10 gallon- Tiffany, Violet, Queen(all girls)

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom