New Betta Boy

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by Shaina, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Shaina

Shaina Well Known Member Member

Well several months ago both Hollywood and Fiyero passed on, around the same time. They were in separate tanks so I am not sure what happened...Hollywood was getting up there in age; I have no idea how old Fiyero was but probably not very old...he just never really thrived after I brought him home and slowly degenerated. Considering the fairly wide array of fish I've kept successfully for years I really hope it's nothing I did, but I can't say for certain.

After that, I've been going Betta-less for a while since I really didn't have the heart to get a new one, but I'm off on another business trip (driving not flying) and popped into a store to pick up glass tops for my 90g, which up to now has been topped by egg crate, when I was more or less attacked by a fiesty Betta from a range of 4'. I stopped to take a closer look, and found a handsome crowntail glaring back, dark blue body tensed, deep red fins a-flaring...

Well suffice it to say that he is now hanging out on the desk in a food grade tuperware I picked up on the way back to the hotel to give him more space, heated by my laptop and generously dosed with Prime. He seems to approve of his much-expanded domain (he has explored the tuperware thoroughly and apparently laid claim to all his little eyes can see...ie. the entire hotel room). He should be thrilled with his bookshelf 6g kingdom when we get back home.

He's already eaten a bit, so all seems well. Pics to come when possible.

Name suggestions welcome :)

2. Furallicah

Furallicah Well Known Member Member

Congrats on the new betta boy. Idk what to name him but I might suggest something once you post a picture. I hope all goes well for you!

3. Tigerfishy

Tigerfishy Well Known Member Member

Lol, that is a great story! He sounds like the perfect type to enjoy a little road trip and see the sights!
    Perhaps a name based on explorers? Polo, Columbus... He's a nosy boy, so maybe Beaky?

They're rubbish suggestions, but you get my idea lol!

4. OP
    OP
    Shaina

Shaina Well Known Member Member

Magellan might work...and I could so see him getting in a barfight (which is the version of how he died popular back when I was in school)...hmmm...

5. Lucy

Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Congrats on the new boy!

6. Tigerfishy

Tigerfishy Well Known Member Member

A barfight lol, I bet a few bettas could get into that situation!

I was thinking of Magellan earlier too, but I couldn't remember the name properly haha!

7. hooxeii

hooxeii Well Known Member Member

Sorry to hear you lost some bettas recently. I know how painful that can be.

But, as always, a new addition can make things feel better! congratulations on the new boy :)

8. Red1313

Red1313 Fishlore VIP Member

Congrats on the new boy it sounds like he has a great personality :p
    Can't wait to meet him :D

9. bolivianbaby

bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Congratulations on your new betta boy! I like the name Magellan myself. I really hope you're able to post pics soon.

10. Furallicah

Furallicah Well Known Member Member

Gellen with Magellan...from the Dr. Scholls commericals! I love it!

11. C

Charlemagne Valued Member Member

Congrats on the new boy! Lol, some Bettas are just FEISTY! I brought home this little guy from Walmart being eaten by some black skirt tetras, and he's turning out to be really feisty. He chases his reflection up and down the side of his tank, and flares at anything new put in his tank, which actually looks kinda pathetic cuz a lot of his fins are gone. He'll be gorgeous when they regrow though. I like Magellen! Can't wait to see pics!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice