New betta boy needs a name

1. bassbonediva Fishlore VIP Member

Well, as some of you may remember, last month I was all set to get that lovely blind HMPK and it fell through. So, I consoled myself by buying a new boy from Petsmart instead. lol

I'm not entirely sure what color the new boy is, to be honest. I want to say mustard gas, but I'm not 100% about that. His body is a lovely powder blue. His fins are an orangey-pink with the same powder blue as his body shot through on the rays, and sometimes they change to all blue, like his body (but only in certain lights). His fins are also edged in a dark, midnight blue.

He is housed in my 20gL with bamboo stalks and Asian temple decoration perched on a piece of lava rock and a piece of granite (you'll understand better when you see the pic). It is moderately planted at the moment with cabomba, anacharis, red ludwigia, hornwort (which will probably get moved to a different tank as soon as I get more plants for this one), jungle val transplanted from my 55 and micro chain sword. I'm contemplating digging out my Hagen CO2 unit that I bought for this tank originally and setting it up. The substrate is...ummmm...shoot! I can't remember. lol It's a plant substrate, though, mixed with reddish gravel. I'm running an AquaClear 30 on the tank for filtration, a Marineland Visi-Therm 100W heater, and a nice ZooMed AquaSun T5HO fixture with 2 x 24W bulbs (one "ultra super daylight" bulb and one plant bulb). He is housed with my new juvenile female GBR. Before anyone says anything, yes, I have a backup in case things go wrong, but as of right now, they have been together for 24 hours and they either completely ignore each other or occasionally the female ram will follow the HMPK around like a puppy dog (the ram is about 1.5" long and the betta boy is pushing 2.5" long).

Anyway, here's pics!

FTS (it's not great...I'll try to get a better one tonight):
    [​IMG]

The betta boy (again, not great...he won't sit still, though!):
    [​IMG]

Also, the betta boy needs a name. I have one HMPK betta named Tanis (pics of him will be forthcoming, since I don't think any of you know him) and a pink/purple CT named Tuff (because he's tough enough to wear pink). Tanis is named after one of the main characters (a half-elf) in The DragonLance Chronicles. I like names with literary connections or that mean something. Some of my favorite authors are Robert Jordan, Clive Cussler, J.R.R. Tolkein, and Kate Elliott.

2. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

looks like a fred to me ;)

I kept a betta with a GBR before - one had nothing to do with the other.

3. soltarianknight Fishlore VIP Member

XDXDXD Name him BOB.

4. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Mr. Fish!

5. bassbonediva Fishlore VIP Member

Ah! You guys are KILLING me!!! :p

6. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Bubbles?

7. LyndaB Fishlore Legend Member

You should name him "a boy named Sue"

If that's not doing it for you, or him, you can call him Henri......

8. soltarianknight Fishlore VIP Member

lola

9. LyndaB Fishlore Legend Member

she was a showgirl.......

10. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

ted?

11. Henri Well Known Member Member

OH COME ON! :(
    Stop picking on meee >.<
    Cool betta, I'd name him Squirke, after the cute water pokemon :3

12. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

I think you mean "Squirtle"? lol

13. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

That name's been used here on the forum before, right? not sure why else it would look familiar....

14. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Its some ones username lol

15. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

Hahaha that's right it is!

16. gourami88 Member Member

You could call him Bello (it means handsome in italian)

17. Henri Well Known Member Member

Yeah it's Squirtle idk why my iPod autocorrected it...
    I love that pokemon *_*!!
    Haha oh and yes it's someone's username!
    Lynda reply! :mad: :p

18. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Actually, Squirt would be a cute name =3

19. Diggly Well Known Member Member

Awww he is adorable!!

I am not cery good at naming though sorry :)

20. Firefly's Love Member Member

Rohan! I'm partial to lotr, lol. If he as a girl, I'd say Arwen. He kinda looks like an Arwen...

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk