New Betta and Redid 5g

1. crazedACD Member Member

My little betta guy passed away last week (he was never really 'well'). My intentions were just to clean out and put away the tank...but Mom decided she wouldn't mind having the tank in the kitchen, so I redid it for her and brought home another betta :). His name is Hocus, (she named him!).

(Trying to decide if that's his color or if he has fin rot, what do you think?)
    261.jpg

262.jpg

And the tank all redone...quite pleased with it.
    263.jpg

264.jpg

Thinking of adding an amano shrimp or two, it's pretty much a 50/50 chance they will get eaten, right?

2. Chris123 Well Known Member Member

Cool Pics

I like what youve done with it :)

3. uprightandlocked Well Known Member Member

That tank is wonderful! Where did you find the wood centerpiece? I would avoid the fish ... they're most likely gonners. And even if he "tolerates" them, they could stress him out. Having added him first - it'll be even harder for them to survive. Now they are invading *his* territory.

4. Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

that's a gorgeous betta

5. crazedACD Member Member

Thanks! The wood is a fake ornament...Water Wonders, you can attach fake plants to it too (I love it, I think I found it clearanced for $4 or 5).
    [​IMG]

Will reconsider the shrimp..

6. Borisbbadd Guest

Nice job !!!

7. uprightandlocked Well Known Member Member

Neat, thanks for letting me know!

PS - When does "Pocus" arrive?

8. crazedACD Member Member

Haha...not anytime soon unless someone wants to donate another tank to me :p. I do have another betta, is being moved to his own (filtered) 2.5g from my 10g community. This is him, name is Curacao:
    490.jpg

9. Borisbbadd Guest

Wow,

Curacao is a real beauty !!!

10. uprightandlocked Well Known Member Member

Cute guy! You like the crowntails, eh?

11. crazedACD Member Member

No preference, really. I work at a LFS and do all the ordering..I ordered regular veil tails from a new place like two weeks ago, and most of them developed some uh...winter coats :( and a lot passed away :;fru. The supplier I order CT's from I know is very good and I never have problems with them...much healthier fish, always in great shape.

12. Diggly Well Known Member Member

You should get another one and call him pocus!

I couldnt work in a fish shop I would have about 50 tanks lol and end up dumped!

Love the tank and the fish :).

13. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello Crazed. Your tank and fish are beautiful. Great job! I don't see signs of fin rot in the photos above.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Ken

14. critter_fritter79 Well Known Member Member

Handsome pair of boys! Love those crowntails!

15. fishtroy Well Known Member Member

I think it is just his colour! He is a lovely looking boy & seems healthy too! :;fr