New betta and progress at my LFS!

Shiba

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Well i went in today to get some Amquel+ and i talked to the owner about working there (again) and also her bettas.
I told her how much more lively and colorful they would be if she put them in divided tanks and even threw in a few good terms.
She was worried about dividing and i told her about the DIY dividers, oh and also that the betta with a plant and eating the roots doesn't work cause she had one, lol.

Aaaand, she might hire me in a couple months, or just have me come in and help on busy days
And then i noticed my new guy, a marble VT and i recognized him from a few weeks back, so I brought him home and he's acclimating!

750.jpg

Meenu

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Maybe you could "contract" with her to make the tank dividers - she could pay you hourly or something.

Shiba

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Yeah i'm hoping for something like that.
She asked me how much i know about reptiles which is next to nothing, so i'm going to research non-bettas for a change to hopefully gain part-time employment.

Shiba

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Me too, I would've had a snake ages ago, but the parentals said no

Meenu

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I am a parental. I'm allergic to furry animals, but when my kids are older, if they want a snake, I think I'd say yes.

Shiba

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
my uncle had a huge one before they died, i think that's why they don't like them. But i can take care of and handle them if i work there!

DelleBelle

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Congrats!! I know a bit about reptiles, I had a green iguana for awhile. I've had leapord geckos in the past. I'm going to try to get a job at my local petco too, Good luck!

e_watson09

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Well first off congrats on your new boy. Secondly congrats on your hopefully new job. If I were you some reptiles I'd look up are....
Leopard Gecko
Bearded Dragon
Iguana
Anole
Western painted Turtle
Red Ear slider Turtle

Those are the ones that my LFS carries on a daily basis so those are the ones I have to know.
Then if you really want to impress them I'd do a little research on other pets as well, get a few books and such. Some others I reccomend are...
-Parakeets
-Love Birds
-Tree Frogs
-Hampters (Teddy Bear, Golden, Siberian)
-Gerbils
-Rats
(of those three you'll want to be able to compair them for a customer like which of them you personally would think would fit best in what type of family)
-Rabbits

Basically I'd just look up a little about each learn what they eat and such. You will learn a lot there but to really knock their socks off the more detailed information you know the better.

Shiba

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Thanks everyone

I think i really blew her away whenever i started talking fish lol.
But i will definetly look up info on all of those animals and hopefully get hired part-time.
Heck, i'd even just clean tanks and cages if it meant more money for my hobby.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom