New Betta Alert! Meet Leo

peachsonas

I had to step away from bettas after the loss of my first one, Oil. But I’m ready again, so I brought a new one home today!
You must be registered to see images

This is Leo! He is a baby koi betta. He is so tiny and adorable and curious.

BigManAquatics

Like those markings and coloration! Looks like a fun and feisty fella!

betta06

aww he is such a cutie!

peachsonas

he’s so cute….today I caught him trying to nibble on a water droplet that was running down the side of the tank. here’s him poking out from the barrel!

Dewclaw83

I had to step away from bettas after the loss of my first one, Oil. But I’m ready again, so I brought a new one home today!

Gorgeous already! Can't wait to see how he colors up!

I have to ask, are the names a reference a oxidation-reduction reactions in chemistry? Cause the two mnemonic devices for that are:
OIL RIG
and
LEO says GER
Whether incidental or purposeful, I love it!

Rose of Sharon

What a beautiful little boy!!!!

So happy for you!!!!

peachsonas

Gorgeous already! Can't wait to see how he colors up!

I have to ask, are the names a reference a oxidation-reduction reactions in chemistry? Cause the two mnemonic devices for that are:
OIL RIG
and
LEO says GER
Whether incidental or purposeful, I love it!

That was completely unintentional! That is such a cool coincidence though, I would have never made that connection. I have science fish!!! :D Thank you!

peachsonas

More Leo! Can anyone tell what tail type he might be? It’s transparent at the bottom, but his tail is very round at the end! Maybe half moon? Plakat??

betta06

definitely a plakat. I would say he is not a half-moon but since he is still young so it is hard to know for sure.

peachsonas

Puffed up! His little beard is mostly transparent!

peachsonas

New discovery - Leo loves chasing the laser pointer! My other bettas didn't really react to it but he gets major zoomies every time I point it towards the tank. Maybe I'll upload the video soon, I was cracking up at how focused he was on killing the red dot.

peachsonas

Update - first bubble nest yesterday! I had to do a water change yesterday and destroy it unfortunately but this morning I woke up and saw an even bigger one! Wow! I’ll see if I can grab a picture.
Aforementioned bubble nest :)

peachsonas

A little update on how this little man grew and colored up so brightly! His tail is so unique - it’s half transparent/iridescent!

Sokamix

I want a koi betta but don’t have room for another tank. Here is my pineapple
betta, bubba tho

coldpines

What a beautiful little guy, I love koi bettas :D

Fanatic

Congrats on the new betta!

Zephyrski

He's such a cutie!

peachsonas

Zephyrski

Thank you! He's a spunky little guy :D
Aw that's cute. Reminds me of my new guy, always moving around

Rose of Sharon

That looks like a full on flare, too!!!! Love him! :)

peachsonas

It’s so hard getting pictures of him due to being very excitable, but I got some good shots from a video I took!

peachsonas

Hi all, just a fun update on my guy Leo. He is so BEAUTIFUL. Every day I’m so amazed at how well he colored up since I got him! Last night I found an extra bleed valve laying around so I hooked it up to his tank for a slower flow from the sponge filter. Well, I woke up today and checked on him and there’s a big old bubble nest in the corner! :)

I also have a big jar of catappa leaves full of tannins water so I always put some in after his water changes. Perfect bubble nest makin’ weather!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
BellaFriedrick
Replies
Views
Fanatic
Replies
Views
annasuperc
Replies
Views