New Betta! ❤

1. Bailey Oswald Well Known Member Member

I went to my LFS today with my grandpa to see if they had a couple items cheaper then other places. I also wanted to see if they had any dumbo ear female betta fish, as I've been quite interested in these fish. Well...
    I came home with no items even though they had one of them. I came home with no dumbo ear betta, nor a female betta.
    I came home with a pretty new baby boy.

He doesn't have a name yet, but I'll take suggestions. I'm excited to learn his personality. So far, he seems quite a bit less hyper then Owen, but maybe that will change as he gets more comfortable. He's a lot smaller then Owen as well.

I hope to get him a bigger tank by the end of the week, if my plans work out. He's currently in a 2.5 gallon with no filter or heater. I am getting a 5 gallon with filter and heater.

He has a bit of a blue fluorescence that will probably come out more when I have that tank with lights on the hood. I'm quite pleased with this impulse buy.

It's probably just because I'm a worrywort with my wet pets, but I am worried I messed up somehow and he will die. :l I sincerely hope not.

These pictures don't do him justice, I can't get a good picture. 7b20902941539e9644c38d8c0a66f07d.jpg eb23159b48dbde3aa3527000cb0664ee.jpg

2. Liz♡Gold Initiate Member

He's very pretty! :) he should be fine for the time being. Just make sure to check your parameters and dechlorinate your water. He should be fine for the week.

To me he looks like a Mars. I don't know lol! I'm a big fan of Greek/Roman names!

3. Bailey Oswald Well Known Member Member

He just ate a pellet. The second one I put in was too big, as I forgot his mouth is much smaller than Owen's and he will need the pellets cut in half. That first one he attacked it as it was floating down. It was really cute.

I feel like we've made progress already. He doesn't shy away when I come up like he was earlier. He seems to be settling into his new tank, which is drastically different then the one he was in previously (he was one of three betta at my LFS not in a cup, he was in a still too small tank). His previous home had bright gravel and bright, colorful fake plants. This one has black substrate, and real plants. Plus here there isn't so much activity around him.

4. Bailey Oswald Well Known Member Member

We have well water, no chlorine. I'll check my parameters frequently, I want to be sure he does well and stays happy and healthy.

Mars, hmmm... I don't know if that fits him. Thanks for the name suggestion, though! I'm really picky apparently when it comes to names.

5. Liz♡Gold Initiate Member

I am too lol! You'll find something that will fit him soon! It will come to you :happy:

6. Bailey Oswald Well Known Member Member

Got some better pictures of him. Always miss getting him when he's got lots of blue. 713dfd8830ff98762abf5ad21fad6ca5.jpg 6ff24c98a27b837ad2e71b3019486952.jpg
    His body shimmers blue, but I cant get it on camera.

7. Bailey Oswald Well Known Member Member

How often should I do water changes until I get him in a tank with a filter?