New Behavior German Blue Rams Need Advice

Texakage

I have a pair of GBRs (German Blue Rams) in a 55-gallon tank. They have been in the tank for 3 months have spawned twice and have been generally really happy.

That being said the male has started acting quite aggressive towards the female. he nips at her tail and is chasing her around the tank.

Is there a reason for this? Am I doing something wrong? what can I do? Is this normal for them?

TClare

Probably the male wants to breed again but the female is not yet ready. It might be better to separate them for a while, or at least provide the female with plenty of safe hiding places.

Bwood22

Is she injured?
You have provided more than plenty of room for them. I don't think you are doing anything wrong.
They are being fish and he is pursuing her.
If they are breeding, they are happy.

Good job.

Texakage

Is she injured?
You have provided more than plenty of room for them. I don't think you are doing anything wrong.

Good job.
her tail is a little messed up from the nipping but she is otherwise uninjured.
Is she injured?

Good job.
well, the tank is fully planted with lots of driftwood nooks and crannies. it's just whenever she comes out of hiding he goes straight for her.

Bwood22

her tail is a little messed up from the nipping but she is otherwise uninjured.

well, the tank is fully planted with lots of driftwood nooks and crannies. it's just whenever she comes out of hiding he goes straight for her.
Like TClare mentioned just make sure she has some places to escape to so she can catch a break.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Manjit
  • Question
Replies
Views
SterSter
Replies
Views
FishareFriends6
Replies