New Babys Which Mommy?

richiep

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
A pretty good tel tail sign is the other fish following the one giving birth for a quick snack

OP
Bubbleguppy9382

Bubbleguppy9382

Reaction score
The spotted tail had then shes normal sized now I took the adults out so babys that are left are safe 7 survivors that I can spot some still hiding 7 came out to explore once I moved the 2 other not the mamas to community tank and mama to her own tank for the night

Still has what look like fry eyes in her gravid she may not be done yet I'm not sure but I'm saving the few I did get 6 pregnant fish and been wiating a month and fianlly 1 delivers

richie.p said:
A pretty good tel tail sign is the other fish following the one giving birth for a quick snack
This actually fits with my blue 1 and shes been swimming at bottom face down tail up...2 of my pregnant fish look thinner

richiep

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You need to get a breeding trap for the guppies to increase survival rate if you want to breed them, young guppies are very vulnerable to being eaten by adults until they grow a bit

OP
Bubbleguppy9382

Bubbleguppy9382

Reaction score
I moved adults in a separate tank I saved from what I counted 10 fry all in a 10 gallon they have potential homes already in a few weeks whe they're ready pet store will take what donemt get a home I have a breeding trap but it killed 1 of my guppys in less then 12 hours so I won't use it

Just s nice pic 1 I got they came out of hiding when adults got moved

Attachments

Donovan Jones

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
They're too small to I'd based on looks, so what I would look for is the female who got skinny all of a sudden

New Threads