Dismiss Notice
Hi there! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To log in, go here.

To become a member please register here.

New Babys Which Mommy?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Bubbleguppy9382, Apr 21, 2019.

1. Bubbleguppy9382Valued MemberMember

I just came home from Easter lunch to find a little baby fry swim past me I counted about 5 or 6 so far all still pregnant who's having babys? Any idea?

Attached Files:

2. richie.pWell Known MemberMember

A pretty good tel tail sign is the other fish following the one giving birth for a quick snack

3. Bubbleguppy9382Valued MemberMember

The spotted tail had then shes normal sized now I took the adults out so babys that are left are safe 7 survivors that I can spot some still hiding 7 came out to explore once I moved the 2 other not the mamas to community tank and mama to her own tank for the night

Still has what look like fry eyes in her gravid she may not be done yet I'm not sure but I'm saving the few I did get 6 pregnant fish and been wiating a month and fianlly 1 delivers

This actually fits with my blue 1 and shes been swimming at bottom face down tail up...2 of my pregnant fish look thinner

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2019
  4. richie.pWell Known MemberMember

You need to get a breeding trap for the guppies to increase survival rate if you want to breed them, young guppies are very vulnerable to being eaten by adults until they grow a bit

5. Bubbleguppy9382Valued MemberMember

I moved adults in a separate tank I saved from what I counted 10 fry all in a 10 gallon :) they have potential homes already in a few weeks whe they're ready :) pet store will take what donemt get a home :) I have a breeding trap but it killed 1 of my guppys in less then 12 hours so i wont use it

Just s nice pic 1 I got they came out of hiding when adults got moved :)

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2019
  6. richie.pWell Known MemberMember

There looks like plenty of cover in there for them best of luck

7. Bubbleguppy9382Valued MemberMember

Thanks

8. Donovan JonesValued MemberMember

They're too small to I'd based on looks, so what I would look for is the female who got skinny all of a sudden