New assorted fry

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Invertebrates' started by guppygrl, Jan 11, 2013.

1. guppygrlValued MemberMember

I found new fry today. A couple swordtaild.... two guppy fry and two Dalmatian molly fry. They are so cute!

Should I wait a day before a water change or would it be ok to do my normal Saturday water change?

2. cichlidmanWell Known MemberMember

should be fine as long as you dont suck them up in the water you change

3. bolivianbabyFishlore LegendMember

How cool! I've never been able to breed swordtails, but guppy and molly fry are adorable, especially dalmations!

You can do your regular Saturday water change. If you're worried about the fry, you can always put a small net over the end of the "python" to keep them from getting sucked in.

4. MTTank21New MemberMember

I am thinking about a few Dalmatian mollies and hifin mollies for my tank, but I'm worried about how they'll be in the community. The mollies in my local planted tank store seem to relentlessly chase each other. I was worried they would eat my platy fry. Where do your fry like to hide?

5. EthanWell Known MemberMember

Well BB swordtails breed almost as well as guppies :p so just give it time

6. guppygrlValued MemberMember

I've waited three months for my swordtails to breed but it finally happened. The fry hid in the top floating hornwort plants. A few I could see at the bottom. I have lots of plants. .. plastic and live so I know some fry have a good chance of surviving. Out of all the fry... the swordtail fry were the quickest swimmers.

7. hoboValued MemberMember

:;hf Congratulations, I am glad to see things are going well

8. guppygrlValued MemberMember

Thanks. Besides getting a little over crowded. ...things are good. Overflow getting moved to two 10 gallon tanks for my kids. The golden Molly's breed more than the guppies. ... at least the ones I have!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice