New Arrival

1. omnitheforsaken Member Member

My Cory's had a baby. I like that. O0

I woke up this morning and turned on the light in my aquarium and saw something small and fast on the substrate. I thought it was some kind of water spider or some other invader in my tank. I moved in for a closer look and it was a teeny tiny cory. I guess they don't start off looking like Cory's so he/she must've been in there for a while. I never even saw any eggs. I'm glad my tank is good enough for the Cory's to breed as it's parameters are geared towards livebearers and not the various cats I have in there with them.

Do I need to give this baby Cory any special treatment?

2. click Well Known Member Member

wow, that's a nice surprise. I have no experience with baby fish but I'm sure others will step in and give you some guidance.

3. GoGreen Well Known Member Member

Wow that's awesome! Corys are my favourite fish, I would love to see a baby one of them in my tank. One of my platys popped out a fry a month ago, at first I thought I had some sort of parasite in my tank! But on closer inspection I noticed it was a baby mickey mouse platy. I guess the big platy was pregnant when I bought it. Anyway, do you have lots of hiding places in your tank? 'Cause that is how my platy survived, plus I ground up some of the flake I feed the fish quite fine, and it would sneak out and eat during feeding time. It was so quick none of the other fish could catch it to eat it and now he is too big to eat. I named it Small Fry and he is officially part of my community now. Other than having good hiding spots and some ground flake, I didn't do anything special for it, just hoped that it would beat the odds, and it did.
    Good luck!:;fb

4. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello omni. Congrats on the new addition! I hope you can share some photos sometime.
    Ken

5. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

If there's one there may be more :) Evidently it's been finding food on the bottom and in hidden places. Now you need to make sure a little gets to the bottom.
    Carol