New Arrangement

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Snake88, Apr 7, 2017.

1. Snake88

Snake88Valued MemberMember

Thoughts? [​IMG]

Removed a large battle ship .. created a lot of space .. hopefully the plants offer enough hiding place

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2017
  2. fjh

fjhWell Known MemberMember

Can we see before and after pictures? (don't know what it originally looked like)
    Looks great now though! What size tank is it?

3. AllieSten

AllieStenFishlore VIPMember

Wow. It looks amazing!

4. OP
    OP
    Snake88

Lol i guess that would have been a great idea lol [​IMG]

5. fjh

fjhWell Known MemberMember

Oh wow! Awesome looking ship, but it looks a bit large for the tank. I love the new arrangement!

6. BeanFish

BeanFishWell Known MemberMember

I will give you my honest opinion:
    I am one of those old school guys that thinks aquariums should only be decorated with "natural" stuff. Live plants, rocks and driftwood. Both the cannon and ship are interesting decorations, I like shripwreck stuff. However I am not a fan of the fake plants, I have never liked their look, but they do look like they bring out a lot of cover for your fish. Your background is cool and I like the rocks you added, but I kind of dislike the gravel, I am super biased towards sand and one single colored gravel. The tank is overall good.
    At the end of the day it is not what others want or like but what you like, if you like your arrangement then be proud of it and enjoy it! Some people may say my aquariums suck, and they may be right cause I am bad at aquascape but I llike how they look so Im happy!

7. r15u5

r15u5Valued MemberMember

Very colorful! From what I can see, I think those guys would be happy.

8. HonkubValued MemberMember

Looks great! Nothing wrong with plastic plants imo. Sure they're not as natural or helpful as live plants, but i find the bright colours can really help make some fish pop!

9. OP
    OP
    Snake88

I respect your opinion , as I do also agree with natural, however I am extremly new to the hobby and my wife and 4yr old picked everything out as I was buying the maintenance items

10. FishL:))

FishL:))Well Known MemberMember

Perfect!! The gravel and ship look amazing!! Don't change anything. :)

11. BeanFish

BeanFishWell Known MemberMember

Dont worry, I think all of us started with non-planted tanks. You can also get a new bigger tank and make it planted :D It is called MTS haha.

12. OP
    OP
    Snake88

Soon my friend .
    . Soon

13. AllieSten

AllieStenFishlore VIPMember

I am in a similar situation. Being very new to the hobby, and frankly I kill every plant known to man. Upgrading to a 29 gallon non-planted tank. Would rather keep the fish alive than kill plants lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice