New Aqueon 100w Doesn't Work

pacmanfrog404

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Just got a brand spanking new aqueon present heater yesterday shipped from Amazon. It is supposed to heat to 78°. I followed the instructions by letting it sit in the 20 gal for 30 mins before plugging in. The red light sometimes turns on for like 10 seconds but the heater does not heat. The tank is at 64° and my fish are at risk right now. Anyone know what to do?

WTFish?

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Is your home pretty chilly? I have a 100* in my 10 gallon for that reason, they are preset but typically only raise temp around 15 degrees or so, I’d return it for an adjustable or a bigger wattage...

Luciferene

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I have the exact same brand and red light doesn't stay on for longer than 10 seconds. I do have a pretty warm home and that might be the reason why but my aquarium temperature never reaches 78F, it stays around 74-76F which is my room temperature.

WTFish?

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Gotcha, I’d just return it...maybe get a cheap one from Walmart until they replace it? Then you’ll always have a back up too

junebug

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
You should be able to return it to amazon and get another one. Though I'd go for an adjustable heater instead.

Dawn Michele

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hi. I use Aqueon heater's and they have a lifetime warranty. When I had a problem the guy had me send him some picture's of the old heater and they sent me 2 brand new one's.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom