New aquarium.

1. gav Initiate Member

I recently got a new 54liter freshwater tank, a week after starting i introduced 4 Molly's, sometime in the future i would like to add some more fish, could anybody advise me on compatible tank mates? I would like my tank to be busy any colourfull, if that makes sense. Any advice greatly appreciated as im new to this. Thanx, Gav

2. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

welcome to fishlore gav !!!
    Ive moved your post as you dont have a problem using the forum :)

Do you know about how to cycle a tank ? its something that should be done before adding any fish....heres the link https://www.fishlore.com/NitrogenCycle.htm its allot to read but it will be so worth it for your fish to survive.....at this point, you will need to read the part about cycling with fish as you have them in your tank now

as far as more fish, you should wait until the tank is fully cycled......then we may be able to help with more stocking..but 4 mollies in a 14g tank, wont leave much room :( good luck and if you have any questions about the cycle process, we have many members willing to help :)

3. Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

welcome to fl, gav :)
    Shawnie gave you good advu=ice about the cycle and also that you seem pretty much stocked.

Do you know if you have males or females?

4. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello Gav and Welcome to Fish Lore. I hope you enjoy the site. Tons of great information and friendly people. Keep us posted. Great advice above on cycling your tank.
    Ken

5. gav Initiate Member

2 of each :-\