New Aquarium

1. Nini24

Nini24 New Member Member

Hello everyone, I have an aquarium 20 gallons with a lot of real plants, I had a few fish there for a little bit more than two weeks but they all died from the ich disease. One of my mistakes was to put the aquarium in the entry of the house now it's in my bedroom. I would like to restart fresh.
    What are your advice? Should I change the whole water and put new one? Should I clean every plant, leaf by leaf? Should I get new gravel or just let it be empty of any fish for a few days, until the bacteria is dead and put new fish in the same water?
    Thank you for your help

Also the other day I posted a question and you guys answered my but I just couldn't reply, I found the Botton "reply" but I couldn't write anything. I hope this time it won't be so difficult for me to understand the forum

2. N

New Fish in Town Well Known Member Member

Do you know about the nitrogen cycle? Make sure you cycle the tank. That may have been why your fish died.

3. FishFish221

FishFish221 Well Known Member Member

Wait a week or two or just empty the tank and refill it (also clean everything) so all the ich is gone.

4. Fashooga

Fashooga Fishlore VIP Member

I think you should vacuum as close to the gravel as much to get whatever remaining ich or poop and food out of the system. Put new water in there and a day or two later just do another vacuum to get whatever is left over, this one be about 20%. Wait a few more days and you should be good to go.

5. OP
    OP
    Nini24

Nini24 New Member Member

Thank you all. I know about nitrogen cycle and I did test test the water very often but I did it with the fish already in the tank. Is it a mistake?