=) New Aquarium *~

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Tank Photos' started by s2reii, Apr 17, 2006.

1. s2reiiNew MemberMember

Hey guys and gals =)

This is my new aquarium, after my big catfish died i thought i needed a new tank (I dunno know why) well this tank is smaller but taller than my last one.. so hmmm.. haven't quite figured out the best way to deco it... (still playing around) I bought two new angels, I know they will eventually grow too big for the tank, so thats why I have bigger one for when that time comes. =) Anyways here it is...

Attached Files:

2. n0kturnalNew MemberMember

hi bub! :-*

3. atmmachine816Fishlore VIPMember

O so she's the one who told you about this site, if so good job. How big is your tank, depending on how big on it the angels might be able to stay, they like taller tanks.

Austin

4. Janmitch22Valued MemberMember

Do you have some Care Bears back there? That takes me back.

I like the greenery in your tank.

5. ShortyValued MemberMember

Beautiful tank ;D

6. IsabellaFishlore VIPMember

Very cute tank :) How large is it? And how large is the one you have set aside for angels when they're larger?

7. s2reiiNew MemberMember

Thanks =) glad you like it... took me so long to figure out where to put all the plants, it was so frustrating... I actually got over excited and bought too many plants =P ended up giving some to my boyfriend hehe

And yes janmitch22, they are carebears hehe i have 4 miniture ones along the back of the tank... I have nowhere else to put them =P (they are my background till i decide on one)

my tank is pretty small only a 40L tank.... but the angels are quite small only about 4-5cm tall (thats from their two longest fins), so if they don't grow too much bigger i'll be happy to keep them in here... this aquarium is quite tall anyway (they seem happy for the moment), if not I'll just move them to a tank which is similar but they'll be on their own =)

8. IsabellaFishlore VIPMember

You shouldn't have given your plants away - I don't think there is such thing as "too many plants". In fact, the more plants, the better it is for the aquarium ecology. 40 liters is about 10 gallons - so that will definitely be too small for angelfish. You say they're 4-5 cm - that's about 1.5-2 inches. Angelfish grow to about 5 inches, which is about 12 centimeters. I'd recommend a tank at least 30 gallons (about 115 liters) for a pair of angels. This is because, as I said, angels grow quite large and their fins need a lot of space in order to develop properly. You'll also have an overcrowding problem if you keep 2 angles in a 10 gallon tank with other fish.

9. s2reiiNew MemberMember

hey Isabella,

i really did need to give some plants away, not only did I buy about another 4 bunches but they had really big leaves, one is very pretty though... my boyfriend isnt too fond of that plant so i might steal it back and put it in that corner that has a little gap... if i didn't they would have no room to swim (or it would just look like a small tank for plants). there's a decent amount of plants in there anyways..

yeah I know they will grow (ive seen how big these little angels can get) but at the moment they are still quite small, so it'll give me time to prepare another tank, when needed. but i must admit i didn't realise that they would need 115 litres... that seems heaps just for the two. but don't worry I'll make sure when the time comes they won't be starved for space =) thanks for the advice

10. newbie101Well Known MemberMember

hello! cool tank ;)

11. IsabellaFishlore VIPMember

S2reii, your angels will be fine in a 10 gallon tank while they're still small. I just recommended a 30 gallon tank when they're larger because I know how large they grow. That is only if you can afford it and have the time to take care of it. I understand if you wouldn't be able to get, or didn't have the time for, a 30 gallon tank. But that is why it's always best to research the fish we wish to get prior to buying them - so that we know whether we can afford to provide them with appropriate environment. Perhaps your angels would be OK in a 20 gallon tank, if by themselves, or with few other smaller fish, but I know they wouldn't be as happy there as they would be in a tank of 30 gallons and over. If one can afford a tank bigger than 30 gallons, angelfish really appreciate it. I personally think even a 30 gallon is too small for angels - but that's absolutely my opinion and I don't want to scare you away from the hobby (I myself have 2 angles in a 30 gallon tank). Anyway, the bigger the tank, the better. And we always have to take into account the size of a fish's body as well as its mass. For example, while one angel in a 5 gallon tank doesn't seem like a lot, it would obviously be a torture for this angel to live in so small a space because of its body size and body mass. So it's not only how many fish you have in your tank, but also how massive and how tall/large they are. So, I'd always recommend to anyone to get the biggest tank that one can afford.

12. s2reiiNew MemberMember

Isabella, Thanks again for your thoughts.  :)
    Don't get me wrong, I never assumed that the angels would be happy living out their entire lives in that small tank, hence why I said that when the time came I definately would move them into another tank (that I do have, and that they will love coz its very tall - just need some time to set it up)  - but if i couldn't look after them I'd give them to someone who could (I know of many people who love to have large fishes but won't pay the high price attached to them). I've had fishes all my life, dads a fantactic hehe, so its been drilled into my head and I always make sure I research my fishes first and I totally agree with you, bigger tanks are always better, who wouldn't want a bigger tank if they could?

But like I've said before, these angels will have the room they desire when they grow up alittle more.. so for now they are ok :)

btw: I had a look at your 30 gallon tank, its realli nice :) great driftwood

Emma: Thank you, I had a look at your tank hehe its cute :D

13. IsabellaFishlore VIPMember

S2reii, I am very glad to hear all of this :) It looks like your angels are in great hands - you seem a very responsible fish keeper :) Good luck with everything.

14. n0kturnalNew MemberMember

lol ;D

15. s2reiiNew MemberMember

baybii you're such a dOrk :p hehe

16. GunnieWell Known MemberMember

Your tank is very pretty! We some pictures of the angels! ;D

17. newbie101Well Known MemberMember

sorry to get off topic :D but why does everyone have the little egg in their signature? ???

18. IsabellaFishlore VIPMember

LOL, Emma, hehe. I would be asking the same question if I didn't read a post about the eggs. They're supposed to hatch at the end of the month, or something like this. I think the post is called "neopets".

19. IsabellaFishlore VIPMember

20. n0kturnalNew MemberMember

lol i know  :-*

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice