New Aquarium Lid?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Tank Equipment' started by sullivanbay94, Jun 14, 2018.

1. s

sullivanbay94 Valued Member Member

About 2 months ago i bought an Aqueon 29g LED aquarium kit.. came with 1 LED strip, hood, filter ect..

I made it clear to the staff of the LFS that i wanted to have a heavily planted aquarium and want to start off with a smallish size.. they recommended that kit. (I should have done more research before purchasing but i took their word for it) I bought an extra light strip for the hood and I am still not getting enough light for my plants.. My question is can i buy a glass lid for the tank and then purchase individual light bars to put over top. I have checked the aqueon website and they don't seem to have a glass lid to fit my tank. Where would i get a glass hinged lid?

2. GettinTanked

GettinTanked Valued Member Member

If it's just a normal rectangular shaped tank that should be pretty easy to do. Just look at the dimensions of the top and search. Amazon is a pretty safe bet.

3. midna

midna Well Known Member Member

4. OP
    OP
    s

sullivanbay94 Valued Member Member

The tank i have is 30 X 13- would that fit? if so then thank you i will buy one on amazon tonight!! :)

5. midna

midna Well Known Member Member

i'd honestly look for it at a local pet store first. for some reason the ones on amazon are like $10 more expensive than the ones they sell at petsmart, petco, pet supplies plus, and even lfs. since they're the same brand i would think it'd fit?? they usually list on there what tank size fit

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice