New angels!

sgould

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
With my new 55 gal tank finally cycled, I made a trip to the lfs tonight and picked up some new inhabitants...4 juvenile angels! I am hoping eventually to get a pair out of the deal. They are being introduced to their new tank water right now. Once they are out of the bag I will post a picture or two. Not that you all have never seen angel photos before, but oh well!

Sean

A bit blurry, but you get the idea. The 4th one is hiding behind a plant.

Sean

arfon

Valued Member
Reaction score
nice 1 sean, Ive also 4 angels and they are real nice fish to look at. i been told if you want to breed angels then the temp has to be slightly higher than normal not sure if this is correct as I'm no expert. Ive one angel who thinks hes the daddy, he tends to pick on 2 of the others maybe hes trying to impress the angel he leaves alone coz he has plans for her ;D well planted tank is also a good idea for angels and plenty of room to swim. good luck ;D

Neville

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
hi, i've bought 8 angels too for my new tank, they look beautiful, how long will it take for them to grow. will send some pictures soon.

arfon

Valued Member
Reaction score
angels prefer temperature range of 24–30°C (75–86°F).Average lifespan in an aquarium is 10 years, Ive read that the bigger the tank the quicker they will grow. i bought the last 2 around 5 months ago and i can see a different in size. i had 3 in my tank and the fully grown angel paired up with one but picked on the other so i added a 4th and now they all get on .

sgould

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I think I read around 8 months for full growth, neville. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Nice angels! We are always ready to see angel pics
Carol

sgould

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Thanks...here's another shot that isn't so washed out. Further away though.

Sean

Neville

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
wow, really cool pics!
i kept platies with my angels............is it ok?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom