55 Gallon Tank New Angels

oHails

Ok guys. I officially got baby angels in my 55 gallon. My hope is that getting them so young, and it just being the 2 of them is that as they grow hopefully they won’t mind the lemon and rummynose tetras I’ll be adding in a couple weeks (they will be quarantined, getting a 10 gallon tomorrow just for that).
As of now my stock list is just the 2 of them, who I’m currently calling panda boi and tangerine head (creative, I know), a Medusa pleco and 3 nerite snails.
I’ve ordered a BUNCH of live plants from wet plants that I’m waiting on so the tank will have plenty of coverage for everyone to be able to escape and mind their own business
This is my first attempt with a large tank and live plants, fingers crossed that everything goes well!
Any opinions, tips, or tricks are welcome!

Madchild57

oHails said:
Ok guys. I officially got baby angels in my 55 gallon. My hope is that getting them so young, and it just being the 2 of them is that as they grow hopefully they won’t mind the lemon and rummynose tetras I’ll be adding in a couple weeks (they will be quarantined, getting a 10 gallon tomorrow just for that).
As of now my stock list is just the 2 of them, who I’m currently calling panda boi and tangerine head (creative, I know), a Medusa pleco and 3 nerite snails.
I’ve ordered a BUNCH of live plants from wet plants that I’m waiting on so the tank will have plenty of coverage for everyone to be able to escape and mind their own business
This is my first attempt with a large tank and live plants, fingers crossed that everything goes well!
Any opinions, tips, or tricks are welcome!
My male angelfish used to lunge himself across my 55 to chase away gouramis, be ready for that possibility haha beautiful angels though!

The29G

Nice looking fish tank and those are some cute baby angels. I’d be happy to see pictures once you get the new plants in.

Betta'sAnonymous

I had to look up a Medusa pleco. So thats a thing i know now! Looks like the start of a great looking tank!

oHails

Madchild57 said:
My male angelfish used to lunge himself across my 55 to chase away gouramis, be ready for that possibility haha beautiful angels though!
I’ve heard that about angels a lot, that’s it’s just luck of the draw if you get friendly or not but we’re going for it!
The29G said:
Nice looking fish tank and those are some cute baby angels. I’d be happy to see pictures once you get the new plants in.
I’ll post an update once they’re in for sure
Betta'sAnonymous said:
I had to look up a Medusa pleco. So thats a thing i know now! Looks like the start of a great looking tank!
Today was the first I heard of them too! I walked into a local fish store and asked them to show me the coolest pleco they had. I was super torn between the Medusa and a green phantom pleco, but ultimately the mustache of the Medusa won me over

Betta'sAnonymous

oHails said:
**** I’ve heard that about angels a lot, that’s it’s just luck of the draw if you get friendly or not but we’re going for it!

I’ll post an update once they’re in for sure

Today was the first I heard of them too! I walked into a local fish store and asked them to show me the coolest pleco they had. I was super torn between the Medusa and a green phantom pleco, but ultimately the mustache of the Medusa won me over
Last time i did that at my LFS they had a green phantom and a vampire? pleco...

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom