New Angelfish!

Dom90

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Been meaning to get an angelfish for my 75 gallon for awhile now, but I got sidetracked since I set up 2 other tanks recently so I put it off. Got inspiration from sparkles22 and finally decided to shop around yesterday and found what was described as "Blue Angel".
ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1437671397.142429.jpg
It is not yellow, it's just that the LED light was on.
Anders247 Bijou88

OP
Dom90

Dom90

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Dont you already have 4 angelfish already?

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Those are the ones I'm bringing home. I haven't gotten them yet.

Is yours blue under a different light? Can you get a pic of it that way? I'm super interested in seeing a blue angel.

OP
Dom90

Dom90

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Well, I asked the guy at the fish store if it would turn blue because it wasn't really blue. But then again, cichlids loose color when they are stressed. So I'm wondering if it will gain some color now that it's in a bigger tank. It was in a small 10 gallon with about 20 silver tip tetras...

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Ouch, poor guy. Could it not be a blue angel then? What made the LFS guy think it was blue? The breeder? I wonder if you could contact the breeder and ask for pics of the parents.

OP
Dom90

Dom90

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Well, it had a slight tint of blue and I typed in "Cobalt Angelfish" on google at the store and showed him the pics and said, what is this fish going to turn into, he pointed at...

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
That's beautiful! Awesome find! Can't wait until he settles down and colors in. Please update with pics

Coradee

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
This is one of my blues, doesn't look very blue in the pics but you can just about see on the dorsal the blue they really are

image.jpg

OP
Dom90

Dom90

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Ooh that's very pretty! It's to be seen if the LFS guy knew what he was talking about or if he was just trying to get me to buy it, and if it really does turn out like the one in the linked pic..

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Coradee, very pretty too!

Dom, hope he blues up a little!

OP
Dom90

Dom90

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I hope so too, he's still a little bit skittish... I dropped some pellets above where he was, when the other fish, he ran away and I don't think he ate anything :/

Coradee

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Dom90 said:
I hope so too, he's still a little bit skittish... I dropped some pellets above where he was, when the other fish, he ran away and I don't think he ate anything :/
Give him some time to settle in then you won't be able to stop him eating, I've found Angels are gluttons when it comes to food!

OP
Dom90

Dom90

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
That's what I figured, he's still adjusting to his environment and the other fish. He'll eat when he's hungry enough.

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Let me know how it goes! I'll probably be going through the same thing tonight with mine!

OP
Dom90

Dom90

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I will... and if this angelfish works out, I'm probably gonna go and "rescue" his/her buddy that's in the same tank.

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Another blue? I'm shocked there were 2 angels and so many tetras in a 10 gal. I would've been tempted to take them both home at the same time.

OP
Dom90

Dom90

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I would've also, but the buddy didnt look so colorful and plus I was trying out this new LFS so I was iffy about buying it. But I had to at least save one of them in that overcrowded tank..

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I don't blame you! Hopefully this'll work out and you'll be able to save the other, or hopefully he'll get sold soon and also moved to a bigger tank.

OP
Dom90

Dom90

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I know, he was hiding in the back left corner by the heater(I guess it was) so it was the right thing to do. None of the other tanks even looked as crowded. I don't know what was going on. I went there based on the 4-star rating and good reviews on Yelp. If this place does work out, I'm planning to get some Congos from there.. They're having a 25% off sale on there right now too!

New Threads