New Angelfish!

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Tank Photos' started by Dom90, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Dom90

Dom90 Fishlore VIP Member

Been meaning to get an angelfish for my 75g for awhile now, but I got sidetracked since I set up 2 other tanks recently so I put it off. Got inspiration from sparkles22 and finally decided to shop around yesterday and found what was described as "Blue Angel".
    ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1437671397.142429.jpg
    It is not yellow, it's just that the LED light was on.
    Anders247 Bijou88
    Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

Last edited: Jul 26, 2015
  2. TexasDomer

TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

Pretty! I'm bringing mine home today too :)

3. OP
    OP
    Dom90

Dont you already have 4 angelfish already?

4. TexasDomer

Those are the ones I'm bringing home. I haven't gotten them yet.

Is yours blue under a different light? Can you get a pic of it that way? I'm super interested in seeing a blue angel.

5. OP
    OP
    Dom90

Well, I asked the guy at the fish store if it would turn blue because it wasnt really blue. But then again, cichlids loose color when they are stressed. So I'm wondering if it will gain some color now that it's in a bigger tank. It was in a small 10 gallon with about 20 silver tip tetras...

6. TexasDomer

Ouch, poor guy. Could it not be a blue angel then? What made the LFS guy think it was blue? The breeder? I wonder if you could contact the breeder and ask for pics of the parents.

7. OP
    OP
    Dom90

Well, it had a slight tint of blue and I typed in "Cobalt Angelfish" on google at the store and showed him the pics and said, what is this fish going to turn into, he pointed at...

8. TexasDomer

That's beautiful! Awesome find! Can't wait until he settles down and colors in. Please update with pics :)

9. Coradee

Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

This is one of my blues, doesn't look very blue in the pics but you can just about see on the dorsal the blue they really are

image.jpg

10. OP
    OP
    Dom90

Ooh that's very pretty! It's to be seen if the LFS guy knew what he was talking about or if he was just trying to get me to buy it, and if it really does turn out like the one in the linked pic..

11. TexasDomer

Coradee, very pretty too!

Dom, hope he blues up a little!

12. OP
    OP
    Dom90

I hope so too, he's still a little bit skittish... I dropped some pellets above where he was, when the other fish, he ran away and I dont think he ate anything :/

13. Coradee

Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Give him some time to settle in then you won't be able to stop him eating, I've found Angels are gluttons when it comes to food!

14. OP
    OP
    Dom90

That's what I figured, he's still adjusting to his environment and the other fish. He'll eat when he's hungry enough.

15. TexasDomer

Let me know how it goes! I'll probably be going through the same thing tonight with mine!

16. OP
    OP
    Dom90

I will... and if this angelfish works out, I'm probably gonna go and "rescue" his/her buddy that's in the same tank.

17. TexasDomer

Another blue? I'm shocked there were 2 angels and so many tetras in a 10 gal. I would've been tempted to take them both home at the same time.

18. OP
    OP
    Dom90

I would've also, but the buddy didnt look so colorful and plus I was trying out this new LFS so I was iffy about buying it. But I had to at least save one of them in that overcrowded tank..

19. TexasDomer

I don't blame you! Hopefully this'll work out and you'll be able to save the other, or hopefully he'll get sold soon and also moved to a bigger tank.

20. OP
    OP
    Dom90

I know, he was hiding in the back left corner by the heater(I guess it was) so it was the right thing to do. None of the other tanks even looked as crowded. I dont know what was going on. I went there based on the 4-star rating and good reviews on Yelp. If this place does work out, I'm planning to get some Congos from there.. They're having a 25% off sale on there right now too!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice