New Angelfish Not Eating

Discussion in 'Angelfish' started by A Platy named Steve, May 27, 2018.

1. A

A Platy named Steve New Member Member

Yesterday I added a platinum angel to my tank (my first). I drip acclimated her and let her in. She seemed very stressed at first and seemed to calm down after about 30 minutes. I’ve tried feeding her just about everything I have and she has never seemed even a little interested. I’ve tried feeding her flake food, dried bloodworms, floating cichlid pellets, sinking crustacean pellets, algae wafers, floating mini betta pellets, and all of the above soaked in garlic juice. Not even a nibble, though I have seen her nibble a little bit at my plants. She is showing no other signs of disease and actually looks quite healthy as did all the other fish in her tank at the store. It’s now been 24 hours without food and I’m starting to get a little worried. Will she eat when she’s ready? Or are there other measures I need to take?

2. Fanatic

Fanatic Fishlore VIP Member

Usually, it takes a few days for new fish to settle in and start trying foods. Just be patient, and she’ll be eating soon.

3. OP
    OP
    A

A Platy named Steve New Member Member

Thank you. That’s good to hear. I swear this fish is chasing bubbles on the surface right now. I will post a video if I can get a good one.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice