New Angelfish Fish

1. duncantse Member Member

Just bought a white tail pgymy dwarf angelfish. It has been hiding in my LR for 3 days now. Is this normal or not? I also have a pair of clowns in my tank.

2. soccerstar6 Member Member

Hes probably just scared from moving tanks, is there any aggresivenes that the clowns are showin to him?

3. kloseo Well Known Member Member

i would keep monitoring, and aggree it may take a while for him to come out do check for aggression issues with the wrasse and the clowns

4. duncantse Member Member

Theere doesn't seem like any agression. I'm just wondering if the angelfish can survive without eating.

5. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Good morning,

:animal0068:I have moved your thread to the Angelfish - Saltwater section of the forum.

Thanks!
    Best wishes for your fish!
    Ken

6. Stang Man Well Known Member Member

Could be that there is not enough room for the fish and feels threatened.

7. kloseo Well Known Member Member

fish can go longer than you think with out eating, how is he doing

8. duncantse Member Member

Yah, started to swim around the tank more. The angelfish would peck on my rocks and sand. Looks like it's eating. I tried feeding it, but my other fish would eat everything before the angel gets the chance to look at it.

9. duncantse Member Member

After 2 weeks, the new angelfish looks like it's bloated and turning a little pale everyday. Also, the fish is breathing rapidly. Is it sick?

Ammonia 0
    Nitrite0
    Nitrate 20

10. Stang Man Well Known Member Member

Not a good sign!! It could have a internal parisite, What is the salinity at? It could also be that the tank is still to new for those type fish and has not regained a sustainable amount of certain bacterias etc. Can you take a pic?

11. duncantse Member Member

I think I found the answer. I think it's dropsy. The symptons matches my fish right now. Is there a cure for dropsy?

12. Stang Man Well Known Member Member

It depends on if it is dropsy or if it has progresed beyond repair, If you feel that you have the right diagnoses then you should treat the fish, not sure the chemicals that in your area but you should try to treat.