New Angelfish and neons

1. Hippiechick Initiate Member

I picked up some new fish yesterday. Here's a couple of pics:

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

This is one of only two that were from my breeding pair of Angels. I raised these from the time they were but wee little eggs!
    7.jpg

Still in the bag :eek:
    8.jpg

9.jpg

That it for now!

2. Susie Initiate Member

Nice fish!

3. Mike Fishlore Admin Moderator Member

Nice pictures! I have some Angels that look just like the one in your first picture. As far as personality goes, I think Angelfish are some of the most fun to keep. Always coming up to greet me whenever I approach their tank.

4. Hippiechick Initiate Member

Yea, they are kinda like Oscars and Green Terrors in that aspect. They know where their food comes from! :eek:

5. onelovie Member Member

Hi. How do you get such great pics of your fish????

6. 0morrokh Fishlore VIP Member

Great pics--man, do I love those Neon tetras. The Angels are pretty cool, too.

7. Caty Initiate Member

;D
    Like your pic

8. Craig Well Known Member Member

as we say in northern ireland aye there lookin well!! (u have 2 imagine the accent lol)

9. FishFan Member Member

FinTastic pics! ;) Angels are at the top of my 'favorites'. They are so darn nosy! I love it! LOL

10. fishfreak Member Member

Nice angles! i m going to get me some soon.

11. brydevil666 Initiate Member

I agree with Mike my two angels always greet me when i walk up to the tank and then they follow me up the sides,its like a game.Your black and white striped one looks so much like mine except mine has orange eyes ;D

12. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

Nice pics! I have 5 koi angels in a 55 gal. tank, and they all line up at the front of the tank when I walk by! They are great fish! Thanks for the pics! ;)

13. joe Member Member

Neons and angels are awesome. In a few days i'm going to get 6 neons.

14. adlegl Initiate Member

ok what is the fish that is attached to the side of the tank (the one in the last pic) is that your algae eater---or is that a sucking catfish like someone else has in their tank--(a picture in this topic of the forum)---because when i purchased that fish--i was told it was an algae eater --he was small when I got him and he's grown into this big thing now in my 20 gallon tank--in all honesty I went up to a 20 because he was too big for my 10---are they one and the same thing?

15. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

The fish stuck to the glass is called a plecostomus or simply pleco. Some people think it's bad luck to completely spell pleco and will spell it pl*co. Anyhoo, depending on the species, some of them like yours get very big and outgrow there tanks. If possible, you will probably need to see if you can trade your pleco in for a pleco called a bristlenose pleco. They only get about 6 inches long depending on the species, and would be much more suited for your tank. ;)

16. adlegl Initiate Member

oh ok that's what I thought I had---*phew* --and yes I know i may need to get rid of my big guy but I like him so much--i just keep buying bigger tanks for him---i don't want to let him go :( and if i do I'd like to give him to someone who would give him a good home---thanks for your answer !!!