New angel

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I was just at the pet store for some more amono shrimp for the tank outside and I spotted this beautiful angel. It looks almost like an aultum angel but it has a few more stripes than the ones that I have seen in books and the web. I got it because it is about an inch in diameter(main body) so it most likely won't be bothered by my old one, which seemed very interested in the new one because it was hanging around the bag while it got used to the temp and would fight off my skunk loach(which is in a breeder net while the new one gets used to the tank). I will try and have pics soon.
Tom

Bonochick

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Tom said:
I will try and have pics soon.
That's what I was gonna ask! Sounds lovely though!

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It is very lovely. But it is just staying in hiding right now because my old angel hasn't had another angel tankmate for a few months now and didn't know how to react and it started to chase the new one a bit, but the new one doesn't lose color due to stress when being chased, I guess that could be a good thing.
Tom

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Congrats on your new Angel Aultum (sp.?) Angels are GORGEOUS creatures, so yours must look so beautiful. You're very lucky

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It looks like an altum, except mine has red eyes and a few more stripes.
Tom

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I love Angels with red/orange eyes My male Angel has reddish-orange eyes, and all of his babies had reddish-orange eyes too.

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I am hopng that this new one is a female and then I could breed them. ;D ;D
Tom

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
My new angel,Altum, has just been accepted by my old one,Angel. What I mean is that it will be allowed to come out into the open in the day light and not be chased as much by Angel any more. It is the first time I have seen Altum eat anything and swim with the fish(not in a bad way ;D ).
Tom

Radcliffe

Valued Member
Reaction score
Oh they are lovely! I love the coloring on Altum- so dramatic! Good to hear they are getting along well enough so that both are eating. Hopefully they will be buddies soon and give you little baby Angels!

--R

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It took Angel a few weeks for it too get used to having another angelfish but when I moved them into their new home, they seem to get along.
Tom

Bonochick

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Oh, wow, very nice! Those stripes are gorgeous!

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I looked at them today and Angel I think is a female and Altum is a male. I can only wait and see. Also when I looked at Altum, it showed some red coloration on it's fins. It makes Altum look very nice when the light hits it the right way.
Tom

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom