New Angel fish chasing the other

Mlg222

I found this amazing fish store today & picked up two angels. The guys at the store said it would be okay. One of them is chasing the other, boy nipping but chasing pretty aggressively.

should I give them a few days to adjust in their new home? Or is this a warning sign for the future. My tank is 45 gallons.

* not nipping

Apoorvthegreat

Sorry I posted this already but did not get any action.
Original post:
I found this amazing fish store today & picked up two angels. The guys at the store said it would be okay to have a pair. They were swimming together peacefully.. until they weren’t. One of them is chasing the other, not nipping, but chasing pretty aggressively. They will be fine and then the next second one is chasing the other all around the tank. It’s always the same one doi the chasing. I just don’t want to hurt or stress the one being chased.

should I give them a few days to adjust in their new home? Or is this a warning sign for the future. My tank is 45 gallons, fully cycled, planted.

I had 4 angelfish and 1 of them used to chase the others, they were all about the same size. Nothing happened due to that little aggression, and I guess your angelfish will be fine too.
Just watch closely if the fish being chased shows signs of injury. If he does, there's something wrong and you can consider returning them to your LFS or separating them in some way.

Also, the angelfish might try to eat the neon/cardinal tetras once they get a bit older, so watch out for that as well. Cheers, have a good day!

Upvote 0

JamesVader

Angelfish always chase each other at least a little bit, they are a semi territorial fish. It should be just fine for them I wouldn’t worry unless you see any injury’s.

My angelfish always chase each other around, and I have never seen a problem.

Upvote 0

Noroomforshoe

Odd, My angels never chased each other.
A pair should be ok. But yours may need time to adjust, the are likly stessed from the move, and trying to work out territories in a new tank while stressed. I would consider adding plenty of decorations to suggest differnt zones in the tank and places were one angel can rest behind some silk or live plants.

Upvote 0

AquariumX

My two new angelfish are doing the same thing.

Upvote 0

ayeayeron

Angels are bound to be a little mean with each other. I wouldn’t be concerned unless it continues constantly or they are giving each other physical wounds.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
jkkgron2
  • Question
Replies
Views
Sarim
  • Question
Replies