New and wanting to learn

possumWallup

Hello from Southwest Missouri! I'm in the planning stages of my first ever planted tank and first tank, in general, since I was a little kid.

I've been reading through some threads here and there and I figured I should jump in and get more involved and learn.

Archangel8

Hello from Southwest Missouri! I'm in the planning stages of my first ever planted tank and first tank, in general, since I was a little kid.

I've been reading through some threads here and there and I figured I should jump in and get more involved and learn.
That's exciting! Keep us updated what size tank are you thinking?

NoahLikesFish

How big of a aquarium?

possumWallup

How big of a aquarium?
Weighing the pros and cons of a larger tank (75g) against something maybe a bit more manageable like a 40 gallon breeder.

Archangel8

Others might disagree but I don't think there is much difference in the management of a 75 vs 40g

BigManAquatics

Not gonna lie, i LOVE that name, possumWallup !!

possumWallup

ProudPapa

Weighing the pros and cons of a larger tank (75g) against something maybe a bit more manageable like a 40 gallon breeder.

I usually recommend new fishkeepers get the largest tank they can afford and have room for, but 75 gallons is larger than I usually have in mind. I started with a 40 gallon breeder, and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. I think it's a great size even for experienced hobbyists. It's large enough to give some flexibility with stocking and aquascaping, and to keep the water parameters reasonably stable, but not so big as to be overwhelming. I also like that it's relatively shallow, which makes maintenance and the initial aquascaping much easier. However, if you're confident you won't be overwhelmed with the 75 go for it.

Not gonna lie, i LOVE that name, possumWallup !!

You beat me to it. I was thinking the same thing.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
crezguy
Replies
Views
Five 97
Replies
Views
AquaticJ
Hi!
Replies