New and updating profile

Discussion in 'Welcome to FishLore' started by fishfisher, Jul 17, 2015.

1. fishfisherValued MemberMember

Hello All!
    After being reading through posts for many months I have now started to reach out. This will be the first post (ever) on a forum.I have learned that the more info the better so I wanted to update my profile tank info. I assume to be an 'active member' one needs to post. So, here is my post!
    I am very new to the hobby < 3 mos and have learned much. But still feeling clueless. I am very, very passionate and will do what is needed to have happy and healthy fish. So much so that my fiance feels neglected from time to time.

Current set up:
    29 gal
    aqua clear 70
    Readings:
    Ph-7.8
    No2, No3, NH3/4 -All zero

6 rainbows (yes, I got miss info about take size req)
    ---2 males 4 females
    ---1 male and poss 1 female in puberty
    ---due to limited supplies the sizes vary from about 1.5 in to 2.5-3ish
    3 mollies: 1 male 2 females
    1 dwarf gourami

Everybody's healthy but not everybody is happy. But that's another post!
    Looking forward to sharing my passion!

2. OP
    OP
    f

fishfisherValued MemberMember

The other male is the smallest

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

3. Dom90

Dom90Fishlore VIPMember

Welcome to Fishlore!

Sorry to say but you'll need to rehome all of them except the dwarf gourami, none of them will work in a 29 gallon. Mollies also have a huge bioload so just three are making you maxed out.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

4. thefishdude277

thefishdude277Well Known MemberMember

You can keep the male Molly, but not the females
    The DG can stay, but the rainbows, which are Australian rainbows, need 55 gallons
    Ir you like rainbows, why not get the Neon Blue Praecox? They grow way smaller than normal rainbows

:)

5. BornThisWayBettas

BornThisWayBettasFishlore VIPMember

Welcome to Fish Lore!!!! Pleasure to meet you! :D Yeah, your mollies are gonna breed like crazy with females in the tank lol!

Good luck! :)

6. OP
    OP
    f

Thanks for the advice. I'm realizing that I'll probably need to take back the bows and I know that the mollies are going to breed. I was promised all males and initially got both.... But it is too late to take them back so I will have to let nature take it's course. Any recommendations for new fish? Also, any GOOD freshwater lfs in palm beach county fl? It seems like everybody is marine here. Where can I find the Neon Blue Praecox? So far my selection has been limited to Petco/smart and its somewhat sickening to see the conditions.

7. OP
    OP
    f

Thanks for the advice. I'm realizing that I'll probably need to take back the bows and I know that the mollies are going to breed. I was promised all males and initially got both.... But it is too late to take them back so I will have to let nature take it's course. Any recommendations for new fish? Also, any GOOD freshwater lfs in palm beach county fl? It seems like everybody is marine here. Where can I find the Neon Blue Praecox? So far my selection has been limited to Petco/smart and its somewhat sickening to see the conditions.

8. Anders247

Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice