New Amazon Frogbits looks pretty sick or soaked

Dianerys8888

I just got my frogbits delivered and it looks pretty sick or soaked. The colors are turning brown and looks like it got wet during shipment. Can this still survive? Any tips on what I should do with it to make it alive and thriving? Currently, they are under quarantine as I have also seen some type of mites (dark and very slow moving) underneath the leaves and most of them are pierced inside the waxy part of the leaves. hopefully someone can help me. Sample photos below.
IMG_20210919_034705.jpg
IMG_20210920_110012.jpg

Flyfisha

Frogbit does not travel well by mail. However only one little plant needs to survive for you to have hundreds in six months time.
Just leave it alone with a little lighting. It would like old fish tank water if possible not clean tap water.
The plant at 10 o’clock has a chance.
Its likely the bugs /mites are just an aphid species called “ frog bit aphid“

Dianerys8888

Frogbit does not travel well by mail. However only one little plant needs to survive for you to have hundreds in six months time.
Just leave it alone with a little lighting. It would like old fish tank water if possible not clean tap water.
The plant at 10 o’clock has a chance.
Its likely the bugs /mites are just an aphid species called “ frog bit aphid“
Thank you so much! Great relief that there are still some chance of survival in case they don't make it, a huge learning experience for me. Stay safe! ☺️

mattgirl

I agree with Flyfisha I would love to share my frogbit but I know it doesn't travel well. Very few of the floating plants will. If the leaves start melting remove them. Once they start melting they won't come back. The plant will put energy into trying to heal them so remove them so it can put all its energy into putting on new growth.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
BigManAquatics
Replies
Views
angelcraze
Replies
Views
Cinabar
Replies
Views