New Adition to the tank!

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by FreshAquariums, Jul 1, 2016.

1. FreshAquariums

FreshAquariums Valued Member Member

I just purchased another.... Halfoon betta Female, I already put her in the tank but I had a question.
    nates_fish_tank_004.jpg
    How to acclimate a betta to a fish tank, obviously ik how to add and acclimate regular fish in the bag but since bettas mostly come in those little bucket looking things how do u acclimate them in those? I never have and all my bettas are happy an healthy

2. alexaquatics

alexaquatics New Member Member

You can just float the cup for about 15-30 minutes and that should match the temperature

3. OP
    OP
    FreshAquariums

FreshAquariums Valued Member Member

The Betta cups float? :eek: didn't know that lol ill have to try next purchase x3

4. TexasDomer

TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

Please don't just float the cup. That will only get the betta used to the temperature of your tank, not the pH and nitrate level. Every 10-15 minutes, add a bit of tank water to the cup. When it gets too full, pour out half of the water and continue to add tank water every 10-15 minutes. After an hour, you can scoop the betta from the cup and add to your tank.

What's your tank size and what do you currently have in there?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice