New Adf's Help

draagyn84
Hi,

I'm new to the forum and new to keeping ADF's!

I just got my 2 adorable ADF's 3 days ago and they seem to be settling in fine to my community fishtank. I did a lot of research before I got them but I just feel a little unsure as it's the first time keeping them.

I have noticed one of them has a little white spot on his side and I'm not sure if it's the start of a fungal infection or something else? I've attached a pic.

My water parameters are all perfect and it's well established (3 years running).

Any suggestions?

IMG_4323.JPG

Greg F
Curious as to what else is in the tank?

bitseriously
Please also tell us how you feed your frogs. In a community tank, you will need to make special feeding accommodations, and they won't (typically) survive on simply placing food in the tank as you would for fish. I'm already a bit concerned, because the frog in your pic looks very thin, and underweight. Looks like a female, and they should be quite plump. Is the other frog (foot only in pic above) a similar size/weight?

draagyn84

IMG_4325.JPG

This is the other frog.

I've only just had them for 3 days. I've been feeding a mix of pellets and bloodworms and have seen them both eat. I'm trying to get them to feed in one specific place twice a day and try keep the fish away during this time.

I have 3 mollies and 3 corys in the tank with them.

draagyn84
I was thinking of making a shelf a bit higher up in the tank where they can rest on and where I can feed them away from the fish.

I do have another tank I had thought about putting them in but it's currently being occupied by fry for at least another month :/

I'd appreciate any suggestions and advice as I've really grown attached to these little guys and want them to thrive!

draagyn84
Update: I've hand fed them both for the first time today! Amazing

Little guys white patch is still there but not changed or spread. Could it be fungus or maybe just the start of skin shedding?

bitseriously
It's always cool when you offer, and they gulp.
What did they eat? How much?
Can you post pic of white patch?
And, just to be sure, is the white patch like a bump tucked behind the forearm, like where the armpit would be? If so, it could be the gland that males have there (you would see a similar bump on each side).

draagyn84
I fed them blood worms and they ate enough to get little pot bellies haha! Lovely experience I have to say

You can see the white spot on the first pic above. It's more on the middle of his side/back not the armpit unfortunately :/

draagyn84

IMG_4297.JPG

Actually you can see it better on this photo

bitseriously
So the spot is clearly a spot, not male post-axillary gland. But it doesn’t look serious enough to intervene/treat.
Keep up the feeding regime, those guys need it.
One of the signs of chytrid is loss of appetite. So as long as they’re eating well, and shedding in bouts not all he time, they probly don’t have it (at least not in advanced stage).

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
juniperlea
Replies
Views
BPSabelhaus
Replies
Views
OneLittleBubble
Replies
Views