New Additions.... Help

1. Adriifu

Adriifu Well Known Member Member

Hey. I have a 25-gallon tank set up outside that stays around 80 degrees. There are two African clawed frogs that came from a preschool I’m working at. I plan on putting them in this tank, but if they’re not suitable I’ll just hand them to a trusted pet store. Do you guys think they’d be all right? The tank has six American flagfish and a bunch of snails.

2. david1978

david1978 Fishlore VIP Member

clawed frogs are hit and miss with fish. Some will rip up the fish they can catch others dont seem to bother with fish. Might also depend on their diet. I only had them for about a 6 months till i gave them to a friend. Ended up getting dwarf frogs instead.

3. OP
    OP
    Adriifu

Thank you. Do you think if I keep them well fed every day they will ignore the flagfish?

4. david1978

thats what i would try. I had 5 of them in a 40 gallon breeder and only one would chase the fish. It never caught them so i don't know if he wasnt getting enough food or just liked to chase the fish.

5. OP
    OP
    Adriifu

All right. If it doesn’t work out, I can always sell them. They wouldn’t make my tank overstocked, right?

6. david1978

2 shouldn't make much difference bioload wise.

7. OP
    OP
    Adriifu

All right. Thanks for the response. I’ll update if you’re interested.

Oh, by the way. Here’s a picture. One of them is dyed. I think the albino is a female, but I’m not positive.

Attached Files:

8. david1978

the albino does look like it has a wider body so that would be my guess as well. I didn't even know they still dyed them, i thought that stopped long ago. Guess i was wrong.

9. OP
    OP
    Adriifu

Yeah. The methods of dying are terrible. I’m hoping he’ll live as long as the female does.