New Additions For My 54-gallon Question

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by LynnwoodFishDad, Jun 18, 2019.

1. LynnwoodFishDadValued MemberMember

My tank community is going great but I’ve run into a small issue. Based on the plants and aquascaping, I’m having a rough time vacuuming. I have 5 salt and pepper corys already but plenty of real estate. In my 36 I have 3 yo-yo loaches so I’m looking for something different that will help keep the substrate clean. Clown loaches are likely too big. Any advice? I have had a pleco in years and can’t remember how well they do getting into the substrate. Are yo-yos my only option? My substrate is a crushed basalt gravel. Thanks all!

2. ShamFish97Valued MemberMember

I picked up 6 gold yoyo loaches for my planted 55 gal with BDBS (sand), and they seem to be quite happy alongside my 2 albino bristlenose plecos. I'm not too sure there are many that can navigate through gravel that well aside from a few snails, but don't take my word for it.

3. LynnwoodFishDadValued MemberMember

Yo-yos are awesome and I have them in my 36. LFS said those or more corys, so we picked up 5 albino cats yesterday! They really pop on the dark substrate.