29 Gallon Tank New Addition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

burnellhman

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I just bought a Half Black male guppy from petco today for my 29g tnk.My bro and I share a 55g tank with Oscars.He bought a medium sized pleco even though I said no.I am afraid that my 55g is overtocked.Oh and how do you think I can start a blck and white leopard skin strain.

anyone

Hello, I've merged your posts since they were back to back. It helps to save a little space on the forum.
Thanks!
Ken

Last edited by a moderator:

Aquagirl1978

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I have seen the black and white and wanted to buy some and i do have leaopards but they are a pair and one is orange and the other yellow. Other than that i have two half black that are a pair and one average looking yellow female and a flashy fancy neone pink male. Basically im working with mutts but am trying to see where it goes. I will keep posted on any findings when my fry are born all 3 females are pregnant. I had other fry and added them back to the tank at almost 4 weeks of age but I cant find them now. I thought they were big enough but possibly not.....If i locate them though i will post my findings for you and josh.

burnellhman

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
two oscars appoximately 1 and a half inches

firemouthfreak

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
If its a common pleco, that thing is gonna get huge. You have a little time to upgrade to a bigger tank but in about 3-4 months your oscars are gonna be pretty big. If I was in your situation, I would try to talk your brother into returning the Pleco and buy a Bristle nose Pleco.

Aquagirl1978

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Warning: Oscar is not recommended for your tank - it may eventually outgrow your tank space, potentially reaching up to 14 inches.
Warning: Bristlenose Pleco may become food for Oscar.
Note: Bristlenose Pleco needs driftwood.
Warning: Your selected species may eventually require 213% of your aquarium space. You may need to deal with territorial aggressions later on. Try removing some of (Astronotus ocellatus, Ancistrus sp.) or get a larger tank.

Recommended temperature range: 22 - 27 C. [Display in Farenheit]
Recommended pH range: 6.4 - 7.5.
Recommended hardness range: 1 - 15 dH.

Warning: You should add more aquarium filtration capacity.

Your aquarium filtration capacity for above selected species is 81%.
Recommended water change schedule: 72% per week. (You might want to split this water change schedule to two separate 47% per week)
Your aquarium stocking level is 146%.
Your tank is overstocked. Unless you are an experienced aquarist who can meet the maintenance/biological needs of this aquarium, lower stocking levels are re
commended. That was from aquadvisor on an approximate of what you have

NO!!!! The bristlenose may become food for the oscar and they need more space also.

I've merged your threads since they were back to back.
Thanks!
Ken

Last edited by a moderator:

burnellhman

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
My LFS does't sell BN Pleco's,but they sell zebra's for 20.00.They also have a breeding pair of otos for 35.00 will they work

Aquagirl1978

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Go to AQUADVISOR.COM They will be a pretty good guide as it stands even your oscars are not recomended for your tank and with them alone you are overstocked.

burnellhman

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hold up my brother just told me he wants to give all the fish away and start his own line of Guppies.A new breed called a turquoise guppy.He said it will be dark green with a hint of blue.I think I should go with his Idea but this will take months of patience and well selected breeding.So should I go with his idea orfind more smaller cichlid variaties on Fishlore?????????????????????im

Aquagirl1978

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Guppy breeding will be tedious work and will take time and more tanks but if thats what youd rather do than keep larger fish and you have the time the patience and the means to do it give it a go. Just be sure that the fry are well taken care of and will be able to find homes. Or set up a deal with your LFS to see if they will buy them.

burnellhman

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Can I keep angels with Firemouths.I don't know what to do this is killin me.

burnellhman

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I don't know,but i've heard of people keeping them with firemouths in a really large aquarium.

Nick G

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Angels and Firemouths would work ok in a 55gal tank, but you'd really need to rehome the Oscars and Plec first. Good Luck!

burnellhman

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Thamnks Nick i will be re- homing them today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom