Dismiss Notice
Hi there! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To log in, go here.

To become a member please register here.

New Addition To The Molly Squad

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Invertebrates' started by Joanbeez, Apr 19, 2019.

?

How often do you prefer to feed your frog?

1. Small amounts through out the day

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Until he’s full every couple days

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Once daily

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. JoanbeezNew MemberMember

So last night I did something crazy.....
    and added only one African dwarf frog to my ten gallon tank instead of two. they’re adorable. Honestly, no picture on the internet could’ve prepared me. I have a problem, I’m obsessed. So I’m hoping to get another one by the end of the week so it won’t be alone. I could really use any tips I could get on caring for my ADF (Jariya) right now he’s very shy and only comes out for air and to switch spots across the tank. My three mollies (Lucy, Rory, and sasuke) were very curious at first but immediately lost interest when they realized he was not food, so that’s good. I couldn’t get him to eat the pellets of food so I’m going to be stopping to get him something different for whenever he’s ready to eat. I’ll make sure to add a good picture once I get one since I can’t upload videos. Any input will be much appreciated !!!

2. CrazycoryfishladyWell Known MemberMember

Sounds like you're coming down with multiple tank syndrome! Nothing will prepare your wallet! LOL!
    I'm not quite sure, but I think like most amphibians they should probably only eat every few days when they're hungry rather than daily.
    He may even enjoy some soft veggies weighted down in the tank.

3. JoanbeezNew MemberMember

Definitely coming down with some serious mts, halp pls. I had a spinach leaf in there when he got home last night and most of it was gone this morning but it could’ve been a combination of my mystery snail and the fish, I’m sad I missed it. Thank you for your input !

4. FeohwWell Known MemberMember

I just got an ADF yesterday too! It's so funny and cute to watch. I've read that different people either feed small bits every day or enough to fill them every second or third day. They can get fat pretty easily apparently. They like meaty food - frozen bloodworms and brine shrimp and they eat frog pellets too. Here's a fishlore care sheet.

Hers my little guy: IMG_3819.JPG.jpg20190418_231607.jpg

Edit** they are slow eaters and can easily be out competed so make sure some food gets to him and that the mollies don't eat it all.

5. JoanbeezNew MemberMember

Aw your little guy is adorable I love his color, he matches my mollies! Will try to feed again tomorrow some brine shrimp and see how that goes! Thanks for the input