New 90 Gallon 90 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by LaniKai, Apr 22, 2018.

1. LaniKai

LaniKaiValued MemberMember

So I posted a thread a while ago talking about how I was going to get a new 90 gallon soon... Well, I got it but it came with fish lol. Unfortunately, I know a lot of these fish get too big for this size aquarium so I need some help on who exactly to rehome and what kind of fish I can add. The fish it came with are
    3 Clown Loaches ( still kinda small)
    2 Striped Raphael Catfish
    1 Common Pleco (who is already huge)
    1 Angelfish
    6 Lemon Tetras
    1 Geophagus sp. 'orange head Tapajos'
    1 Satanoperca leucosticta
    1 Convict Cichlid
    1 Pictus Catfish
    I'm guessing I will be needing to rehome the Clown Loaches and the Pleco. Is everyone else okay or do I need to get rid of some more? Also what fish can I add back into the tank? I have 1 salt and pepper corydoras in a 20 gallon right now that I really want to put in there and get him/her 5 new friends but I want to make sure everyone is compatible. The Angelfish is pretty big so could I get another angel or would there be some aggression with his/her size?

Forgot to add more details about the aquarium. The tank is 48” long 18” deep and 25” tall. It has a fluval 406 canister filter and a aqueon 75 HOB filter.

After talking to someone on my other thread I have decided to up the Satanoperca Leucosticta to 4-5.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2018
  2. OP
    OP
    LaniKai

LaniKaiValued MemberMember

Would this stocking list work?

10 Lemon Tetra
    Another group of 10 schooling fish (Maybe Cardinals?)
    1 Angelfish
    5 Satanoperca Leucosticta
    3 Pictus Catfish
    9 Sterbai Corydora
    1 Pepper Corydora
    1 Geophagus sp. 'orange head Tapajos'
    2 Striped Raphael Catfish

I plan to have half the tank rocky with lots of plants and half the tank sandy with a few pieces of driftwood.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice