New 75g is UP - Kinda :/

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mrs.Price, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Mrs.PriceValued MemberMember

So, it took me a lot of elbow grease, and 3 gallons at a time... but I got the tank cleaned (for the most part, I am impatient), filled and it is now holding fish! I did find some disheartening facts out about the tank... the lid does't fit, I mean, it fits perfectly RESTING on top of the tank, but it doesn't fit as it's supposed to inside the grooves... this really angered me after I took so much time to clean it. Also, I have 2 lights, both of which take different size bulbs, and only 1 of the 4 lights inside the two hoods function... and it's all yellow and ugly when you turn it on... am I happy? Yes... am I still a little disappointed, sure... Just gives me something to look forward to though, right? *le sigh* I need a back rub!!!

2. Bettalover99Valued MemberMember

well i think i have a problemt that will make you laugh at yours: i was staying at my aunts for the week, my uncle decided lets get a 35 gallon tank . i was so happy, we went and picked it out and set it up with some starter fish. the stand kept getting soaked. it was filled and looking beautiful though so we thought maybe it was from all the movement of transfering the water, everytime we would whipe it it kept coming back, water all around the edges. my uncle wasnt home and my aunt had no clue what to do. we cover it in cloths and removed the zebras into a small bowl for the few hours he would be gone, unsure of what to do. the towels soaked and we noticed about a centimetre missing from the tank. we knew it had a leak. when my uncle got home he drained it all and picked it up, there was about an inch of water left he couldnt get to and sure enough as he picked it up the whole bottom gave in , glass shattered everywhere. we ended up getting the same tank again, its beautiful now however that night we thought our zebras were going to die, with no filter or heater but sure enough they all pulled through and are still alive today well half, the other half died when the tank got ick!..kylie

3. Mrs.PriceValued MemberMember

Oh my gosh!! I can't imagine! Had that happened to me I probably would have cried because I wouldn't have had the money to replace it!... what a bummer, but I'm glad you got a replacement and were able to set it up again.. wow!

4. aquaticatWell Known MemberMember

The story of my life. :;laughing And that was me with my 45g... 3 painful gallons at a time, super slow to keep the sand and plants in place. I pulled my back and an arm ;D

Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  5. N2GongfuValued MemberMember

Aww, if my lady went through that, still saw the project through, AND was still positive afterwards, you definately would have gotten a back rub from me;D how precious!! :;hug2 Hopefully things only get better from here!! This story reminds me, in my collection of "junk" I have a 55 gal someone gave me! I really wanted it because it came with a really cool vintage stand. The tank is full of water deposits like you have described, as well as a basket case of lights, lids, and a HOB filter that looks like its 30 years old. The guys says it holds water, but idk!!maybe I should get out 3 gallons of elbow grease myself and find out!!

6. Mrs.PriceValued MemberMember

Haha, he totally would have had it not been so late... but he gave me something else instead, didn't help my back but helped me sleep!! lol

I'll tell yeah, this is the last time I buy a used tank without first going to "inspect it", was more effort than I would have cared to exert if I could have helped it... even with the bum lights, the mismatched lid and water deposits, was still a good find for the tank and stand for $125. haha

Break out dat elbow grease, mang, and see if dat tank holds water!! When I finally got mine looking presentable, made me so happy :)

7. N2GongfuValued MemberMember

>:D Room! I need more room!! Lots more room!!

8. Mrs.PriceValued MemberMember

Hahah, I feel ya on that one!!! I'd be stocking my 30g again if I had the room... but the 75g has now become the centerpiece of my living room! If I were to setup my 30g again I'd have to do it in my bedroom, and I'd rather have it in a public space... maybe after I move I'll have more room, might even get a couple more tanks, I got that MTS!!!

9. N2GongfuValued MemberMember

ha ha! Tank in the bedroom! I had a 60gal that did double time as my headboard years ago, that was grrreat!! Thinking about setting up that old 55 on my patio!!

10. AlanGreeneWell Known MemberMember

Well done on getting the tank going! it'll all be worth it soon :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice