New 75 Gallon Build. Crystal Clear

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Tank looks great!

Unfortunately that fish combo make not work for long - do you have plans to upgrade in the future or rehome one of those fish?

Iluvfishies

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
TexasDomer said:
Tank looks great!

Unfortunately that fish combo make not work for long - do you have plans to upgrade in the future or rehome one of those fish?
Blood parrot and Oscar can’t be together?
And it’s going great!
Amonia:0
Nitrite:0
Nitrate:5

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Not in a 75 gal tank. It's borderline for an adult oscar alone, and if you want to keep him with other cichlids, you'll need a much bigger tank. A BP isn't a good tank mate for an oscar though, as BPs can't usually defend themselves against oscar aggression because they are deformed.

Iluvfishies

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
TexasDomer said:
Not in a 75 gal tank. It's borderline for an adult oscar alone, and if you want to keep him with other cichlids, you'll need a much bigger tank. A BP isn't a good tank mate for an oscar though, as BPs can't usually defend themselves against oscar aggression because they are deformed.
Thanks for the info, I had no clue! If I were to add something with him, do you have a suggestion by chance? Even just one fish would be nice with him.

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
No, I wouldn't keep anything with him in a 75 gal tank. He could kill it, and it's not worth the risk.

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
TexasDomer said:
Agreed, the poor things have an oddly misshapen body, they are cute though.

Iluvfishies

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
In your guises opinion. I’ve been thinking, do you think a surface skimmer would be a good idea for this aquarium? I’ve seen them and seen what they can do but I’m not sure

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom