New 65 gallon bowfront finally setup.

Discussion in 'Members Fish Tanks' started by flynruff, Dec 10, 2012.

1. flynruff

flynruff Valued Member Member

Finally got the time to setup my 'Black Friday Special' 65 gallon.
    Looking at 8 glowlight tetra, 8 cardinal tetra, 5 corys. Then when the water has aged a bit, a pair of GBR's and some oto's.
    Now I'm waiting impatiently for the plants to grow. Got a little carried away and ended up with Water Wisteria, Anubias Nana Petite, Brazilian Pennywort, Java Fern, Ludwigia Palustris, Cryptocoryne Wendtii, Hygrophilia Polysperma, Hygrophila Corymbosa 'Angustifolia'. C'mon they've been in there 24 hours grow already :D!!!!
    SAM_0326.jpg
    SAM_0327.jpg

edit: and some plastic anacharis to hide the intake/outlet, looking for real plant replacement.

2. Gordinian

Gordinian Well Known Member Member

Welcome to fishlore!

Hold on... you got a 65 gallon and that's all you're putting in it?? lol. I'd at least get another cory, though, I always recommend at least 6 :)

That's a very pretty tank! I wish I had that kind of aquascaping ability!

3. OP
    OP
    flynruff

flynruff Valued Member Member

Yeah I know I still have some room for some more stock. I was looking at some scissortail rasboras, but I don't know that they will like the 48" tank as they grow. I'm seriously considering some hatchets for the top level. Just have to wait for some marbles to come into the LFS.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice