New 60gal (4ft long)

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Yeoy, Nov 25, 2012.

1. YeoyWell Known MemberMember

Gday all,

So in the next month or two we should be setting up a new 60gal (4ft long) in our new house.
    I am trying to source fish I can get from the few good LFS in the area.
    I much prefer a community of small friendly fish that all get along, I am thinking the following.

Blind Cave Tetra (numbers?)
    Harlequin Rasbora (numbers?)
    Cory School (Jullii or Panda?)
    Emperor Tetra school (numbers?)

One LFS store stocks some sort of small pink gudgeon that seemed docile and was recommended to me by the owner, that I will look into once I find out it's proper name.

Any thoughts/suggestions/criticisms? etc

Thanks all!

2. Eienna

EiennaFishlore VIPMember

I don't see issues with any of those fish, except maybe the unknown gudgeon. All of those named fish should be in schools of at least 6. :)

3. OP
    OP
    Y

YeoyWell Known MemberMember

Thanks! The gudgeon was in with tetras and similar and had no aggression. The LFS guy is very honest and reliable i.e. doesn't try and sell you stuff, and recommended it to me.

I am also hoping to get something that will breed in the tank, just for a bit of interest or fun.

And I have heard reports of Blind Cave Tetras being 'nippers' because they just nip things that swim into/near them :/

4. Eienna

EiennaFishlore VIPMember

Well, with few other ways to know if something going by is food...

5. OP
    OP
    Y

Yeah I know :/ I have heard that anything with long fins might get nipped and I love this longish-finned gudgeon.

The Blind Cave is super fascinating to me, but I can always find another species to fill the space. I just don't want to overstock the tank.

And I also wanted to get angels this time but I am certain they would eat lots of these little critters.

Maybe Endlers too? TOO MANY CHOICES!

6. Eienna

EiennaFishlore VIPMember

LOL I knowwww!

7. OP
    OP
    Y

And it doesn't help that my new LFS has a GREAT range as compared to the old one!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice