New 55g Pics + 33 Malawi!

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Tank Photos' started by Marc, Apr 10, 2006.

1. MarcWell Known MemberMember

Finally got a few more decent pics :)

Attempt at a Gourami shot:
    1.jpg

My FAVORITES - Buffei Cats
    2.jpg

Decent community shot
    3.jpg

Malawi Tank
    4.jpg

Some of the Cichlids
    5.jpg

Cichlids and Synodontis
    6.jpg

2. atmmachine816Fishlore VIPMember

Very nice Marc. I see you finally got the tank up. Any chance you can take a full tank shot of them? I really like the cichlid pics.

Austin

3. MarcWell Known MemberMember

I've tried. It's a bad camera and the fish just don't want to sit still! :D

4. newbie101Well Known MemberMember

cool 8)

5. ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

Very nice pictures!!
    Carol

6. chickadeeFishlore VIPMember

Beautiful pictures and great fish!

I am so glad to hear that someone else has naughty fish that don't pose well for the camera :D. (although Marty can be a ham)

I love all the color in the fish - you have a gorgeous assortment. and I love your cats too.

Rose
    :)

7. newbie101Well Known MemberMember

my pleco doesn't pose at all! I caught him out today (Wow!) and as soonas the camera came out he was gone in a whirl of brown.

8. IsabellaFishlore VIPMember

Marc, you have such a beautiful tank and fish. You did a great job on it. I love it :)

9. MarcWell Known MemberMember

My 55g looks hideous - I didn't think about the gravel when I bought it. It's black and neon blue and horrible looking. I also have two breeder boxes and a bag in the water so there is no surface movement (I want baby pearl gouramis!). The Malawi tank, on the other hand, DOES look nice :)

10. Janmitch22Valued MemberMember

You did a great job,Marc. I'm trying to flesh out my tanks as well, with plants and fish and stuff. 

How do you like that synodontis? I think I want one/a couple/five hundred.

11. MarcWell Known MemberMember

It's really cool! After a few days they'll swim around the tank but they pretty much stick to the rocks, especially when I had just got them. They lose that pattern when they get bigger, but their fins look even better! They basically get spots - but the fins are, well, amazing.

Those pictures make them look worse than they really are (at least the ones I've seen), but show a good view of the fins!

12. beckers4orangesValued MemberMember

i give you an A...thats a really long tank with some beautiful fish too

13. JasonWell Known MemberMember

Great tanks, I remember when I bought my Synodontis Eupterus he was 1" long and he was a litte beautifully coloured scaredy cat now he is a huge 7" monster and has lost his nice pattern but he is still cute.

14. dahlyValued MemberMember

I love your cichlids!

15. CraigWell Known MemberMember

fantastic tanks!!! looks really well :D

C W

16. MarcWell Known MemberMember

Thanks!

17. ncjeValued MemberMember

Hey Marc. some nice fish in your cichlid tank. Might I make a small suggestion? Add a little shell grit to the substrate to give your tank some buffer. Also those fish would thank you if provided a little more cover. Is it a male only tank? I notice the fish are rather small sized still as they get older they may become a little pushy over space so cover is always good for these guys.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice