New 55 gallon Idea.

Brut

Reaction score
If all my fish die of there fungus and im left to start the cycle again i was wondering if this tank set up would work. it might sound odd but i wanna try it.

x2 Oscars
x2 Gold Severum
x2 Green Severum

Maybe a pelco or two/I was thinking if i get the fish around the same size and time that maybe they would get along.

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Nope WWWAAAYYY over stocked, 55 is barely suitable for an oscar and a small pleco. Try to save your fish and if you don't want them you can return them once they are healed. First get one thing done at a time please, heal your fish then you can see what fish survived and what ones you wish to keep and ones you wish to give back. Cichlids are aggressive large waste producing fish, that's why what you have is not possible, sorry.

Austin

P.S. You can always get another tank LOL

Brut

Reaction score
okayy i gotta go do a water change and put some meds in thanks for the info

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
No problem, just try and save your fish even if you don't want them you can give them back, no reason to try and let them die. Good Luck

Austin

P.S. You can still research about what you want

dblaron20

Reaction score
I had two oscars in a 40 gallon tank. I loved them at first, however after a while I realized that they are messy, dirty, and you really cant put them with any other fish. I have since lost them and started a new tank. I created a natural south american habitat with fake plants, live plants, fake logs, lots of hiding places and a really great light brown and white pebble substrate. I put in 2 balsa 2 silver dollars 2 mollys 2 tiger barbs two gouramis a peackock eel and 1 red claw crab and two big snails. This is way more interesting and requires less cleaning. I love having the community. I started with all the smallest versions of these fish I could find. More room for them to grow. I am so much happier with this tank. Anyway oscars are cool for a while, but what a pain in the butt.
Good luck with what ever you do!

Brut

Reaction score
Yeah i have 3 more days of treatment so im probably gonna bring them to the store. And i learn something last night dont listen to your parents about electric bills, my dad made me unplug my filter last night and the rope fish found his way in i have another month to decide on what to stock my tank with so i ll be intouch

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Dblaron your tank is going to have issues when it gets older or you'v stunted your fish's growth. Tiger barbs are schooling fish needing 6 of their own kind, red claw crab probably would need a place to get out of water and probably brackish and will die, don't know on your type though, and the silver dollars grow quite large and are schooling fish too along with the bala's, they can get over a foot, and with a 40 gallon tank that doesn't leave much room for them to turn. I don't know if you are having problems but that's just some info, you can take it or leave it, you might have problems later.

Austin

Brut

Reaction score
i was looking at Angels and festivums and maybe some rams? would they live together? i might start out with the angels and let them grow so the others dont pick on them.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom