NEW 4foot Cichlid set up!

Deejaysims

Reaction score
Here is my newly completed project!

livestock: all babies so far except one identified species. and the breeding pair...also unidentified at the moment. (pics to come)
2x electric Blue
4x Electric yellow
1x 6Bar frontosa
2x Salmon Cats
2x Weather loaches
2x hongi island
1x Peackock (i think)
1x Ghost knife
1x blue yabbie/crayfish
1 x breeding pair- also unidentified -will look into it further for names (got them off a mate who lost interest)
1x Unidentified---got it off a mate it is long, skinny, has black and orange bands all the way along body.. only comes out in the dark and is very shy.. although is at least 10 times the size of everything else in the tank

so far i have had no problems at all with agression...i have created loads of caves and hiding holes so they all have thier own territory!
17.jpg

i love watching thier personalities come out! the frontosa does this weird thing all the time, it looks like it is blowing kisses at you... i will post a video of this later today... i have to find where is stored it!

Callum The Cat

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Deejaysims said:
Here is my newly completed project!

livestock: all babies so far except one identified species. and the breeding pair...also unidentified at the moment. (pics to come)
2x electric Blue
4x Electric yellow
1x 6Bar frontosa
2x Salmon Cats
2x Weather loaches
2x hongi island
1x Peackock (i think)
1x Ghost knife
1x blue yabbie/crayfish
1 x breeding pair- also unidentified -will look into it further for names (got them off a mate who lost interest)
1x Unidentified---got it off a mate it is long, skinny, has black and orange bands all the way along body.. only comes out in the dark and is very shy.. although is at least 10 times the size of everything else in the tank

so far i have had no problems at all with agression...i have created loads of caves and hiding holes so they all have thier own territory!
17.jpg

i love watching thier personalities come out! the frontosa does this weird thing all the time, it looks like it is blowing kisses at you... i will post a video of this later today... i have to find where is stored it!
i hate to breal it to u but ur tank is extreley overstocked (sounds good though) the 2 salmon cats would need that to them selves when they grow let only the africians unless u have a good plan i would be worrying about the future ;D Callum!

Deejaysims

Reaction score
yeah i have kept salmon cats before so am aware of how big they get. luckily, i am in the process of setting up a 4x2x2 to transfer most of these chiclids into... i then want to turn this 4footer into a coral only reef tank

Deejaysims

Reaction score
Thanks! they seem to love it!

some of the electrics chase each other around what seems to be a "race track" they would swim the same path over and over again for what seems hours on end... its quite funny to watch

Callum The Cat

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Deejaysims said:
yeah i have kept salmon cats before so am aware of how big they get. luckily, i am in the process of setting up a 4x2x2 to transfer most of these chiclids into... i then want to turn this 4footer into a coral only reef tank
ohk good i really love salmon cats i woul;d get some for my 4x2x2 but i would rather have my south americas good luck with the tank ;D Callum!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom