New 45 Gallon Stocking Options

Katie14

Reaction score
Hey all,
Im new here and just purchased a 45 gallon tank. It was an upgrade from a 20 gallon. It's cycled and I have 3 albino Cory catfish already. I had cichlids in the past but I think I want to branch out to more friendly community fish. I'm looking for fish with lots of personality. No anglefish though, I've had bad history with keeping them. Also, no goldfish. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!!

Attachments

DuaneV

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
When you say lots of personality, youre talking about cichlids. There are plenty of friendly community cichlids, you just have to pick the right ones and the right OTHER fish to go with them. Angels are a great community fish, but you said you had bad luck with them. Rams, Eartheaters, Keyholes, Kribs, Apistos and Lamprologus are all great community cichlids.

Laxin10

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
My personal favorite for a non-cichlid centerpiece fish is a larger gourami, such as a pearl or a moonlight gourami. I currently have a moonlight gourami who is 4 1/2 inches and very friendly. Always comes to the glass and "waves" at you with her feelers.

Laxin10

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
DuaneV said:
When you say lots of personality, youre talking about cichlids. There are plenty of friendly community cichlids, you just have to pick the right ones and the right OTHER fish to go with them. Angels are a great community fish, but you said you had bad luck with them. Rams, Eartheaters, Keyholes, Kribs, Apistos and Lamprologus are all great community cichlids.
I definitely agree. Keyholes are one of the friendliest fish in the cichlid family. I have a pair of them in my tank with my moonlight gourami and rainbowfish with absolutely zero problems. They kind of do their own thing.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom