New 44 gal. corner tank

otto9211

I'm planning on setting up a 44 gallon corner tank soon and i'm not sure what kind of aquascaping I want to do with it yet...

Any ideas would be appreciated...pictures if you have them!!

mcurtissdsu

Do you know what kind of fish you are going to have? You could research their natural habitats and try to mimic it

otto9211

good idea...and yeah i'm pretty sure i'm going to get little cichlids

mcurtissdsu

Yeah I bet you could google s of their natural habitats and buy real and/or fake plants to make it look similar. I only have one cichild, an angelfish, but I think I've seen a lot of cichild tanks with those big flat rocks in them. People will make like a little tower out of them and the fish use them like little cubbys

I found this picture on Google, I'm not sure what type of cichlids are in this tank but this is the kind of rock formation I'm referring to:

blkdeath75

I think the name you're looking for is slate rock. And I agree, a natural look with plenty of little caves/crevices for them to hide with a sand substrate would look great. You may be limited on which Cichlids you are able to have though in a 44 corner. I believe Lake Tanganyika(think I got it right) are quite a bit smaller and may be okay.

otto9211

How does this look?....sorry about the glare

ayelie

That's really nice tank. I would love to have one like that.

mcurtissdsu

That looks very nice! I really like all your plants

otto9211

thanks for the advice and i'm glad you like it

kloseo

best of luck with the new tank

Latest threads

Top Bottom