new 38 gallon tank

jmccune3

Here's a picture of my new 38 gallon set-up. It is nearly cycled and I will be putting fish in there soon! It is still a work in progress, and once there is fish in there, I will be getting live plants. Also, do you think there is enough hiding places for the fish?

paul_219

Very nice tanks. I guess there is enough hiding place for the tanks. What type of fish r u htinking of?

Butterfly

Nice looking tank, as to hiding places really depends on what fish you want to put in there.
Carol

smillermom

Love the tank! Where did you get your driftwood from? Really like the look! Also, the bigger stones. Are they from a particular place or did you just get some from your yard?

hopesmom

Very nice!

jmccune3

The driftwood came from my LFS. I boiled it many times over lol. And the rocks just came from the river, also boiled them too..

lokky.funky

your tank rocks

hope the fishes enjoy the space and the decorations...

Isabella

Your tank looks beautiful - the driftwood and plants make it look very natural. I love tanks that look natural. I also got my stones from a river. But before you use any stones/rocks that you collect outside, make sure they're safe to add to a freshwater tank. Pour a few drops of vinegar on them and if they fizzle ("bubble") they can't be added to a freshwater tank.

jmccune3

I already tried the vinegar test and none of the rocks bubbled..

smillermom

Guess I'm going wading today!!!!!

chickadee

Truly lovely tank. Love the driftwood and the rocks. Wish I could wade in our river (too fast and deep)

Rose

SunnShadow

Isabella said:
Your tank looks beautiful - the driftwood and plants make it look very natural. I love tanks that look natural. I also got my stones from a river. But before you use any stones/rocks that you collect outside, make sure they're safe to add to a freshwater tank. Pour a few drops of vinegar on them and if they fizzle ("bubble") they can't be added to a freshwater tank.
I'd never heard of the vinegar test before! I may well be adding new, more natural rocks to my tank!
(does the vinegar bubble because the rock is limestone?)

BTW.... Beautiful tank! I always get jealous looking at other people's tank photos.........

S.

sasha

HI ppl I'm getting nosy lol nice tank by the way just curious .. what is the thing with the vinegar test and what does it indicate thanks sasha

jinx_beta

I like the driftwood. The way that you've placed the plants, and wood, rocks ect, makes it so the middle free, so the fish will be the centre of attention.
beautiful set up.

Joe G

SHARP TANK , looks good

LarryDavid

Stunning tank, As you said a few more live plants would truely make it!

The fish who its for are truely lucky!

LarryDavid

I don't know why but I think this AngelFish suit this tank

smillermom

Very, very, nice!!!

skippi

Nice looking tank.... You angel would be a happy angel in that tank...

Heidi

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom