New 29gal bowfront

mikeyferguson13

Reaction score
Currently setting up a 29gal bowfront. Have temp at 82 and a penguin 200 running currently. I plan to have German Rams and a few smaller schools of fish. Any info or help with aquascape would be great.
20200708_154219.jpg
1594324754029157569151527230602.jpg

marmaaa

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
The tank is looking good so far, I would just make sure all plants are silk for safety. Also you could get some low-tech plants like anubias or java fern and stick into that wood for more plants?

OP
M

mikeyferguson13

Reaction score
marmaaa said:
The tank is looking good so far, I would just make sure all plants are silk for safety. Also you could get some low-tech plants like anubias or java fern and stick into that wood for more plants?
This is another configuration I have for an idea. Which you think is better for fish? And if I get low tech plants what are the basic for care?

Attachments

marmaaa

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hm, I liked the first set up more although it takes a little bit more space up. For low tech plants that are rooted into the substrate like java fern or anubias. You really only need good light. I mean it does not have to be the BRIGHTEST since they are low-light as well and most lights that come with tanks work fine for them. You may want to just get a liquid fertilizer for them to help them out with nutrients. But other then that, that would be it. I use seachem flourish for them and my anubias nana is doing super well! My java fern is also sprouting too. If you want moss you could get java moss, also super easy just super glue (cyanoacrylate) it on to your wood or anything and it will grow by itself or use thread. Lastly, make sure to NOT put the anubias or java fern in substrate as they will rot, just have them tied or glued to anything and if they start to "wilt" or anything its fine, they will grow back its only because you just put them into a submerged tank since most are grown emersed.

Sorry for such a long comment, I hope this helps:)

New Threads