new 29 gallon

smillermom

Valued Member
Reaction score
Well, here is what I would like to do. I have a 20 gallon extra high and want to move the fish to a 29 gallon. Now, I will move all the gravel over, the decorations. the filter and media. I will add more gravel/ Do I still need to cycle the tank? Thought i would just transfer the water from one tank to the other.

Kanadian

Reaction score
in my opinion you should be fine just transfering all the water over it'd be like doing a water change if you ask me so you should be just fine cause your transfering everything over so there shouldnt be any problems

smillermom

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hi There! Well, I did it! I put new gravel in the tank. Then I slowly started to siphon the water from the old tank to the new. When it got low enough, I carefully scooped gravel not to freak out my fish. I moved decor and then one by one, the fish. I added about 1/3 new water. When I bought the new tank, my lfs guy gave me as a bonus 4 Serpa tetras. When I went to add them to the tank, low and behond he had a glass catfish in the bag also. Not sure if it was supposed to be there but I am not complaining! Will square with him next week. I also added a snowball pleco that he had on sale, still 25.00. Yikes. My tank is set, we will have to see what happens!! Still using the same filter/biowheel and moved everything immediately. I am so happy with the better sixe. Now, what to put in the 20 extra high?????

smillermom

Valued Member
Reaction score
Would a 20 gallon extra high be okay for angels? If so, what sort of environment do they like?

Kanadian

Reaction score
in my experiance with Angels mine loved alot of plants. I didnt have much of anything else in the tank and i have an old school 20 gal tall i had maybe about 5-8 diff plants in there and they were happy as heck and had many babies time and time again

smillermom

Valued Member
Reaction score
Sounds great! I will be on the look out for a couple of Angels. I am using the tank now for a poor Danio that had its fins all chewed up by big boss danio! I am hoping he survivies!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom