Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Good morning,

It's been a while since I posted any photos of my 265g with my Bloody Parrots. I did some rearranging and I removed two XL tree stumps leaving 1. It gives my fish more room to swim. I spread the terracotta pieces over the bottom. When I find another unique terracotta piece I'm going to remove the 3rd stump. So more changes ahead.

I had to stuff a sponge in the terracotta strawberry pot. I used an Aqua Clear 110 sponge for a perfect fit. One of my Bloody Parrots was startled and tried to escape through an opening on the side. ops:I was right by the tank when it happened. I just raised the pot, turned it over so the fish could swim upright. With one tail swish the fish freed itself. No scratches and everything was back to normal as soon as it was over. yeah!!!!! Luckily I had sanded the pot a long time ago so there were no rough edges. I think it scared me more than the fish.:whistling:

Notice the sunshine on the Bloody Parrot facing the camera. I thought that one a pretty cool shot.

I hope you like them!

Ken

Attachments

lorabell

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
They look AWESOME!!!!!!! Those fish are bigger than the pots!!!!!! I LOVE,LOVE,LOVE the last pic!!!!!!!!!! Just so EVERYONE knows...lol....when u make the pic larger....in real life Kens babies are even bigger than that!!!!!! What beauties!!!!!!!! Thanks for keeping us updated ken!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Such sweet babys! Especially kissy face in the last pic I love the whole tank. It has got to be so relaxing just sitting and watching it.
carol

OP
Aquarist

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thanks again, I'm never more relaxed than when I'm in front of my tanks. More relaxing furniture (lazy boy type) is coming soon too. "Chef, hold all of my calls! I'm having a fish moment!":whistling:

Ken

MikeNTX

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
That tank is massive! In my mind I would LOVE a tank of that size! ..however getting it home and actually being able to work in it and landscape would prolly be a daunting task to say the least!

OP
Aquarist

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thanks Navy! Hope you're doing well!

I upgraded from a 155g Bow Front Mike. A lot of careful planning and with the help of a lot of neighbors I was able to get it into my new fish room. The room was actually built around the tank.

Thanks for the compliments.
Ken

navyscuba

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'm ok Ken is really hot today here and got power outages every 5 mins or so. The wife called the power company and they said they found a tree rubbing on a power line.

OP
Aquarist

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thanks Meenu, AlyeskaGirl!

Hottest day we've had yet here Navy. Air Conditioning and ceiling fans on full blast. I hope they get your power back on soon!

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 24 23.8%
  • No

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 68 67.3%

Top Bottom