New 20 Gallon Tank Set Up

1. fish time

fish time Well Known Member Member

Hello everyone so recently this is a new 20 gallon tank I set up it has been cycling nicely and running nice also i would like to say that yesterday I saw that my 2 pepper corys were acting as if they were trying to breed or something and I only have 2 pepper corys so far so it's kinda strange because one kept touching the other one repeatedly and the other one didn't really care so I'm not sure if it was a type of breeding behavior or they were just being playful with each other also pretty soon I'm going to upgrade there school to at least 3 more f509cccd65c6e9ce22b26a003b7fa9a3.jpg [​IMG][​IMG]

Also the goldfish you see I may donate when he gets really big or mabey sooner

653f665b3ccff3263e4b78c47312fcb3.jpg 21f7660eac6611cfa36ce311fbf2b697.jpg

2. FishFish221

FishFish221 Well Known Member Member

You might also want to rehome the algae eater. They get to about 11 inches.

3. el337

el337 Fishlore Legend Member

I would rehome the goldfish for sure. The one you have gets too large for this tank size and shouldn't be with tropical fish.

I see 1 panda cory and 1 peppered cory. I would rehome one and up the shoal of the other to at least 6. They really do better in a shoal of their own species.

4. DoubleDutch

DoubleDutch Fishlore Legend Member

Think you made a mistake with that ID.
    It isn't an algae-eater.

To prevent coming issues I'd rehome the goldfish as soon as possible. It doesn't belong in there with the other (sub)tropical fish.

5. BottomDweller

BottomDweller Fishlore VIP Member

I'd rehome the dojo. He needs a 48" tank minimum and is social so should be kept in pairs or groups